Wellbeing Coordinator, Part-time 18.75 hours
This position exists to improve the health and wellbeing of the ASHA staff. The incumbent will work to engage people, reduce population health risks, and support healthy individual behaviors and positive behavior change. The incumbent will strive to make the healthy choice the easy choice for staff.
- Develop and manage total wellbeing programs for the staff.
- Analyze trends in the wellbeing field and the needs of the staff.
- Assist with identifying and evaluating vendors to support our best-in-class approach to contracting and communicate the benefits to staff.
- Provide personalized chronic care management by guiding and educating staff. Assist in determining FML eligibility. Coordinate requests for accommodation.
- Teach people how to get the safest care and be savvy consumers of healthcare.
- Investigate claims problems that cannot be resolved through Health Advocate.
- Coordinate our onsite fitness classes. Recruit instructors. Assure they have the necessary certifications.
- Handle workers' compensation claims and reporting.
Qualifications – Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
Knowledge and skills typically acquired through:
- BA/BS/MS in public health, nursing or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in wellness or medicine
Scope and depth of technical skills/knowledge:
- Certification such as Certified Health Education Specialist or Certified Wellness Coach Preferred, or licensed nurse
- Knowledge of HIPAA and what is necessary to comply
- Knowledge of how health insurance works
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Scope and depth of nontechnical skills/knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills