Smithsonian Digital Media seeks a Website Producer here in our Washington DC office to provide day-to-day production of the Smithsonian Journeys (SJ) website and to support their social and digital products. Working closely with the Smithsonian Journeys marketing team and program managers, projects include website development coordination and daily production, contributing to analytics reporting, social media posting and scheduling, and coordinating online promotions on Smithsonian.com.
Essential Duties Include:
- Coordinate and publish digital content to the Smithsonian Journeys website that is provided from our third-party tour operators.
- Work with the Smithsonian Journeys team to align the website with catalog production timeline and in-home drop-dates.
- Ensure the Smithsonian Journeys website follows strict content and style guides.
- Partner to execute the marketing/branding vision for the SJ web site and other travel-related entities for Smithsonian Enterprises.
- Manage Smithsonian Journeys house banner ads on Smithsonian.com to further audience reach.
- Set-up Smithsonian Journeys website hub pages and tour page billboard slides as scheduled.
- Act as a point of contact for customer service related issues on the Smithsonian Journeys website and other related digital properties.
- Make recommendations on new features and assist in developing new product scope.
- Coordinate with marketing on strategies, social media and consumer outreach initiatives.
- Partner to develop new assets for digital promotion and advertisements.
- Work to consistently define and develop a streamlined production workflow within the CSM.
- Pull quarterly reports from Salesforce.com CRM for digital leads and bookings.
What we’re looking for:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and 3-5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 2-years’ experience working with web-based content management systems.
- Fluency in HTML, Adobe CS products and Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com CRM, Google Analytics, Social Media platforms, and online web site management tools.
- Strong familiarity with day-to-day website management and the tools utilized in all aspects of web work.
- Ability to be flexible during times of change, shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Strong written, verbal communications and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies and tools.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in multiple concurrent efforts.Interest and experience in travel marketing and programming a plus.
- Excellent research, organizational and analytical skills.
We seek a self-motivated and positive website producer, with excellent attention to detail, communication skills, and a well-developed ability to turbo multi-task. Someone equally comfortable with independent work as they are in a collaborative team environment, with clarity necessary to carry out duties in an efficient and effective manner.
Salary: $40k - $48k, Commensurate with experience
Please forward a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to SECareers@si.edu
Excellent benefits package including:
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Transit/Commuter Benefits, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Annual and Sick Leave, Family Friendly Leave, 403b Retirement Plan, Discounts for Smithsonian Memberships, Museum Stores and Restaurants, Credit Union, Smithsonian Early Enrichment Center (Child Care), Flexible Spending Account (Health & Dependent Care) .
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
No phone calls, please. Relocation expenses are not paid. This is not a federal service position.
Final candidate selection will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a pre-employment background check and subsequent background investigation. Employees are required to participate in Direct Deposit for salary payment and to serve a one-year probationary period.