Web Project Coordinator
As a Project Coordinator, you will support the work of an interdisciplinary technology group by coordinating and monitoring the tasks assigned to various team members. You will receive incoming tasks, assess the complexity and skills needed to perform each task, assign the task to appropriate staff, and track the status of all assigned projects to ensure that progress is being made and deadlines are met. You will also review completed work and perform a variety of tests and quality control checks. The Project Coordinator will work closely with a technology Project Manager and assist team members through troubleshooting and responding to issues as needed.
What will you be engaged in day-to-day?
- Accepting incoming work from project manager or client, and assigning to team members based on project processes and skill sets.
- Preparing work for team members to enhance communication, reduce errors, and improve efficiency.
- Monitoring and tracking assignments to ensure tasks are completed on time.
- Performing quality control of project work performed by team members, and ensuring that quality of work adheres to company standards.
- Interacting regularly with team members to review status of tasks, resolving issues, and negotiating agreements.
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders regarding project needs.
- Troubleshooting issues, resolving questions, and overseeing day-to-day activities of project team.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What qualifications would be best suited for this role?
- B.S. or B.A. in computer science/information systems/communications/business or related field of study.
- Project and time management skills with ability to delegate and coordinate activities of project team.
- Experience communicating with clients to identify project requirements and providing documentation such as work plans and project schedules.
- Ability to analyze project risk and communicate to project manager, project lead, and/or project director in timely manner.
- Willingness to raise issues/challenges with regards to project work flow and/or process and make recommendations on how to improve it.
- High attention to detail and ability to proofread and perform quality control of others’ work.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Problem-solving ability and sound judgment.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Flexibility, patience, and positivity are important.
- Proficiency in project management software (e.g., MS Project) and MS Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint); advanced Excel skills a plus.
- Familiarity with JIRA or similar task management systems.
- Familiarity with and technical knowledge of Web technologies (e.g., HTML, CSS, XML, SQL) and their appropriate use.
- Advanced knowledge of at least one of the following: Web analytics software (e.g. Google Analytics), search engine optimization techniques, content management systems (Drupal, SharePoint preferred), and e-marketing services (e.g. GovDelivery, Constant Contact).
- Knowledge of user experience design, information architecture, usability, visual/graphic design, and related technologies are a plus.
- Familiarity with Section 508 compliance is a plus.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran (including recently separated and other protected veterans), or status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or as Vietnam-Era Veteran, in accordance with applicable law.