We are looking for a Videographer to support and contribute to the anti-partisan and independent, solutions-focused journalism we deliver on cable and our award-winning streaming TV apps for a vibrant, smart audience. We put a premium on high production value, so our next team member will have a keen eye for great video. The Videographer will be responsible for shooting and editing visual and audio content for multiple platforms.
What You’ll Do
- Work cooperatively with reporters and producers to shoot from the field and in the newsroom
- Capture and edit visual and audio content for multimedia platforms
- Conduct field interviews
- Tend to audio/visual concerns and questions, managing equipment and advising on what type of equipment would work best for each story
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by newsroom management
What You’ll Need To Know
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- A visual mind and ability to organize gear
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to meet or exceed established deadlines to ensure high-speed, high-quality content delivery
- Knowledge of best videography and lighting practices, with a proven record of creating high production value
- Experience with cinema cameras required; familiarity with DSLR cameras a plus
- Knowledge of both FCP and Premiere editing software
- Ability to build animated graphics in Motion or After Effects is a strong plus
Education & Experience/Certifications
- High school diploma or 3-4 years of experience in a related field required
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Technical experience setting up/conducting field stand ups or interviews preferred
- Experience in news gathering is a strong plus
- International travel may be required
- Overtime, overnight, weekend and/or holiday work may be required
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
Newsy is a millennial-focused digital video news service that provides "news with the why," built to inform and engage by delivering today's top stories across platforms. Its content is available in on-demand and linear formats on over-the-top (OTT) services including Apple TV, Watchable from Comcast, Pluto TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Google Chromecast; connected television including Xumo; on mobile for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire; and atwww.newsy.com .
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digital journalism and information businesses, including multi-platform satire and humor brandCracked , podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy . Scripps also produces television shows including "THE LIST"and "The Now," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation's largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."