Video Producer/Writer/Editor – NASA
Take your career to new heights. Come join us at MORI Associates and help us support the most exciting projects at NASA. As a Video Producer Editor, you will be part of a dedicated team of diverse professionals creating and supporting cutting edge solutions for our client’s critical missions. MORI is a mid-sized nationwide company founded in 1997 with the ideals that creating an agile organization full of innovative and passionate people will progress science and technology for all life on earth. We focus on offering a complete range of services from strategic consulting to the development of Information Systems and providing advanced engineering solutions. Now, let’s see if this opportunity is the right challenge for you.
MORI Associates is looking for a talented, reliable, deadline-driven, creative video producer/writer/editor/ with an emphasis on emerging technology, visual communication, and storytelling to join our Multimedia team supporting NASA Headquarters. We’re looking for someone who will help us expand our multimedia capabilities by providing solid journalistic and creative online and television content. This position requires a high level of creativity, a solid editorial judgment as well as the ability to use available analysis to guide production decisions.
- Provide NASA with professional videos in a timely manner.
- Edit non-linear audio and video using Avid, Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Develop relationships across varying functions and disciplines to implement emerging imaging technology.
- Assist in training fellow videographers on editing techniques, workflow and other areas of expertise.
- Collaborate on the development of new video projects.
- Work with content experts to directly support client requests.
- Provide best practices expertise related to the online and TV presentation of video, graphics and audio content.
- Pitch story ideas and use current NASA events to write material and edit video pieces.
- Shoot interviews and b-roll in the field.
- 5 years of experience in strategic, digital and video/Television communication.
- Experience shooting and editing 4k and HD video, producing video packages for TV, studio, web and social media.
- Experience with field lighting, writing scripts, shooting and editing interviews, b-roll, conducting video research, writing storyboards and have strong post-production editing skills.
- Edit on Mac and PC platforms.
- Knowledge of lighting for video and audio production using DSLRs (preferably Canon systems) and audio recorders.
- Visual composition skills with the ability to conceptualize and produce storytelling video productions.
- Ability to problem-solve various technical challenges.
- Knowledge to distribute video via YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Dropbox, WeTransfer, etc.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Work with and knowledge of a switcher is a plus.
- Knowledge of audio and compression formats is a plus.
- Motion Graphics experience and proficiency a plus.
- Television news experience is a plus.
- The successful candidate should be detail-oriented, collaborative and committed to meeting tight deadlines.
- The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of producing pieces that increase engagement, drive interest and educate.
- Must have a collaborative mindset, must be comfortable interfacing with clients and is team-oriented.
- The candidate must be innovative and familiar with emerging technology such as 4k, Virtual Reality, 360 and Facebook live.
Preference will be given to those with previous NASA or Government video/TV or multimedia experience as well as a strong video portfolio, bachelor’s degree, and relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of NASA-related experience is desired.
Mori Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.