Founded in 1998, the aim of Shiji is to become a "big data" application service platform operator. Shiji has become one of the leading manufacturers of hotel information systems, with a variety of recent investments into the European market. Shiji is gradually expanding from hotel to catering and retail industries, becoming the major software supplier to both industries. Shiji has also introduced consulting, IT solutions and data platform services. Meanwhile, Shiji is developing worldwide leading products and technologies aiming for the international market and speeding up its globalization progress. Currently Shiji has more than 50 subsidiaries with more than 3,000 employees worldwide.
The Technical Writer is specifically responsible for:
· Working with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
· Independently authoring new documentation based on research, interviews with subject matter experts, use cases, user stories, feature requirements, and on-hand experience with the product.
· Proactively researching product changes to determine scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation.
· Consuming technical information and transforming it into easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, and developer guides.
· Producing high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
· Creating tutorials (videos) to help end-users use a variety of applications.
· Analyzing existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
· Proofreading and editing documentation to ensure consistency of language and style as well as correct application of templates.
· Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree in technical communications, information technology, English or a related degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 2+ years of technical documentation experience - Must have strong technical writing and editing skills, the ability to articulate technical concepts for both technical and non-technical audiences, and detail-oriented.
· Experience with various forms of documentation delivery methods, including DITA/XML Authoring and HTML.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
· Experience in writing and editing User Manuals, ReadMe First documents, Wikis, Presentations, Installation Manuals, and Feature Reference Guides.
· Experience with graphic editing software.
· Experience with Agile, Waterfall, and other development methodologies preferred.
· Self-starter: motivated and able to take initiative.
· Ability to travel both domestic and international.
WHAT WE OFFER
Being part of a newly founded motivated team
Dynamic, flexible and focused multicultural team seeking more growth
Grow your experience with web and cloud technologies in an innovative technology environment