Technical Writer/Communication Specialist
NETE is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail oriented Technical Writer/communication Specialist to join our dynamic team at Rockville, MD. This is a full-time position but also considering C2C candidates on a short term basis. If you want to learn, grow, and help then this is the job for you. We support a project/customer that "seeks to better understand, treat, and ultimately prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic disease seeks fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to enhance health, lengthen life, and reduce illness and disability.” What you do matters and has a significant impact on the medical and scientific communities we serve. Your work here really matters and has a real impact.
- Meet and communicate with users to understand their project requirements.
- Develop and maintain detailed user, business, and program requirements for the client. Through intensive interactions, meetings, workgroups, workshops, etc., define and document requirements, and submit the results to the government/customer for review and approval. The contractor must ensure traceability from requirements identification continuing to design and deployment, including subsequent modifications.
- Translate business specifications into technical terms and translate technical information into business terms, e.g., “how to” guides.
- Perform review sessions to confirm the accuracy of the project requirements.
- Document formal internal procedures and policies.
- Prepare and deliver project presentations for executives, project teams, and other project stakeholders.
- In collaboration with client staff, set up and participate in coordination meetings to discuss topics that include the status of projects. In addition, develop meeting agendas, and develop and provide a brief, summarized minutes after meetings that: identify the attendees, summarize the meeting, and document all action items.
- Create, maintain and update project artifacts, so they describe the current plans and processes.
- Review and verify the quality of project deliverables (i.e. ensure the project deliverable matches documented requirements).
- Develop and use multiple communication channels and media (i.e., broadcast messages, posters, SharePoint sites) to ensure all users have project information they need at the right time.
- Manage and maintain all project documentation in the SharePoint repository.
- Manage expected completion timelines and provide status to the COR and Government Program Manager based on government provided deadlines.
- Assists client Programs in collecting, editing and organizing information required for preparation of user guides and technical manuals, training materials on the use of equipment or software, broadcast notifications, announcements of new functionality, SharePoint sites, presentation materials, exhibits, reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents that conform to English language standards.
- Assist in bridging communications between various groups.
- Create a newsletter that will keep client employees informed and up-to-date on what's happening in the IT arena and serve as a useful tool for boosting productivity and morale in the workplace.
- Develop a Branding strategy, that will be reviewed and approved.
- Assist in the development and/or update of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Policies and Procedures, Templates and internal documentation.
- Create new or update flyers, posters, enterprise-wide broadcasts, newsletter articles, new content and changes to existing intranet sites, ads and graphical logos, service catalog, etc. This includes editing emergency broadcast messages of system outages.
- Developing a marketing strategy to advertise/publicize upcoming significant enterprise/custom application and system enhancements/functionality, IT policy and procedures, IT security awareness, IT trainings sessions, services, etc.
- Research available tools and techniques for communication, perform flowchart analysis and creation, use aptitude in data processing and presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Tableau, etc. to develop written materials.
- Ensure the accurate preparation of documents for interim and final delivery to a customer.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the COR and government program manager before they impact the deadlines.
- Experience with creating and editing SOP’s.
- Creating Newsletters and other literature for technology groups.
- Working with graphics in addition to content is a plu
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- At least 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with JIRA preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures used in the business analysis and design.
- Must be able to communicate complex technical concepts clearly, both oral and written, and interpret regulatory guidance and identified vulnerabilities to a wide audience.
- Experience with the Agile methodology.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools including Excel Pivot tables, and other data analysis skills are a plus.
- Familiarity with visualization software like Tableau, D3 is a plus.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Design wireframes, graphics and screen mock-ups.
- Defining communication strategies, creating Newsletters and providing branding strategies.
- Previous Government work experience is preferred.
- Experience working onsite with a government client.
- Experience with Health Care IT Systems.
- Experience with HHS, HRSA, NIH a plus.
- Must have writing, editing, and formatting using Microsoft Office and Adobe PDF suite.
- Knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Must have strong research, writing, proofing, formatting and editing skills.
- Great with people and collaborating with various teams.
- Hands-on with publisher, adobe, balsamic, and/or other design tools is a plus.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizens or Permanent Residents only.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years residency in the United States of America
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 9 Paid Federal holidays
- Various wellness programs
- Free parking at corporate offices
- Employee Referral Bonus Program (ERBP)
- Vision coverage through UHC national network
- Dental coverage through UHC national network
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Competitive salaries with opportunity for performance bonuses
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- Medical coverage through UHC national network (option to choose between 3 available plans)
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
NETE is a multi-award winning company as well as offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses; and a comprehensive benefits package.
NETE uses E-Verify to validate all new hires' ability to legally work in the United States.
Disclaimer: The above description is intended to describe the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not to be construed as a complete or exhaustive list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description, or responsibilities as needed.