Compensation Consultant/ Advisor
ISS Corporate Solutions (“ICS”) works with publicly traded companies to help them build shareholder value and reduce risk through the adoption of strong corporate governance and executive compensation programs. ICS leverages its Software as a Service Platform to deliver our extensive datasets, cutting edge analytics, and advisory expertise to help companies better understand the needs and preferences of their institutional investors. Additionally, we partner with compensation consultants, law firms, and solicitors to help corporate issuers with their corporate governance needs.
Our global client base extends to nearly 1300 companies located across North America, Europe and Asia. Our key contacts include C-Suite executives, board members, and senior professionals within finance, legal, investor relations, and HR departments.
ICS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Institutional Shareholder Services, Inc. (“ISS”), the world’s leading provider of corporate governance solutions, and is headquartered in Rockville, MD.
This is a client-facing role that provides consultative and advisory services centered on executive compensation and corporate governance to senior executives at the world’s largest companies. You will use ISS Corporate Solutions’ proprietary data and tools to help companies understand how to evaluate and mitigate shareholders perceptions of governance risk. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Forming and sustaining ongoing relationships with senior client executives to understand their needs and provide them with advisory services and expertise on executive compensation and corporate governance trends and best practices.
- Analyzing client data and proposals to identify sources of concern to shareholders in executive compensation and corporate governance.
- Developing industry-leading intellectual capital on executive compensation and corporate governance topics.
- Participating on webinars, panels, and other public forums to communicate our unique intellectual capital and perspective.
This position requires 5% - 10% travel or less.
- BA degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or a related field with an exceptional performance record
- MBA or other related graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience
- Prior compensation and/or governance consulting experience is a plus
- Technical comfort (including the ability to quickly learn and train on customized computer applications)
- Strong analytic skills
- Superior problem solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity and dedication to mastering complex concepts
- Ability to diagnose client needs and identify relevant resources
- Proficiency in distilling data using Excel, SQL, or other tools
- Ability to learn technical subject matter quickly
- Extreme attention to detail
- Proactive in turning to others for assistance when required
Communication and Presentation
- Exceptional ability to immediately establish credibility with senior executives
- Ability to conduct substantive discussions with senior executives
- Ability to present professionally and authoritatively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Superior customer service ethic
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated poise and grace under pressure
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness
- Superior judgment
- Ability to work independently