Supply Chain Specialist
L IFE CYCLE E NGINEERING
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) is a privately held, employee-owned company with an emphasis on "doing the right thing the right way”, which applies to the way we treat our customers and employees. We are proud to have been recognized as a "Best Place to Work” for 13 years running! Learn more below and at .
Supply Chain Specialist
As Supply Chain Specialist, you will provide support to the Material and Asset Management (MAM) Division, Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division (NSWCCD) in West Bethesda, Maryland. As part of its mission, the MAM Division performs oversight of policy and compliance in the areas of Operating, Materials and Supplies (OM&S), Plant Property and Equipment (PP&E), and Purchase Requests (PRs). The MAM Division also is responsible for all OM&S, PP&E/AM, and PR creation management functions including policy development, financial and physical accountability, training, performance monitoring, and process improvements.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Provide appropriate and effective management of all material and ensure total accountability of all material with sound material management practices
- Serve as a member of a dynamic team, while utilizing your inventory and warehouse knowledge
- Update and maintain MAM data in Excel for the Navy-ERP master file.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or related field from an accredited college or university In lieu of degree, individuals may have an additional five (5) years+ of prior military, Department of Defense or related business experience in Plant Property & Equipment / Asset Management
- Demonstrated experience managing NAVY Logistics including Sponsor Owned Material (SOM) or OM&S
- Demonstrated experience with material accountability, major project or program level management of contractors/subordinates, and performance of physical inventories of PP&E or OM&S
- Working knowledge of DoD FMR Volume 4, Chapter 4, DoN Federal Financial Management Improvement Act (FFMIA) Statement of Assurance, and SECNAV INSTRUCTION 4440.33.
- Three (3) years+ of experience with NAVY and NAVY Enterprise Resource Planning (N-ERP) solutions
Physical Demands & Expectations
- Position will require work in an office and warehouse setting.
- Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting (up to 25 pounds), and standing; occasional prolonged sitting.
- Ability to speak, read, hear and write, with or without assistance.
- Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources. Mission
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization, our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE's success depends on the talent, innovation, professionalism, and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
- Affordable Medical/Dental/Vision Plans for employees and their families
- Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Savings Account options
- Company matched 401(k) & company-funded Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave
- Dynamic employee innovation/entrepreneurship program which includes education, empowerment, and monetary rewards
- Continuing Education and Professional Development programs at all levels
- Flexible Schedules and Relaxed Dress Code
- Employer-sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
- Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
- Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more…
*Benefits may vary by business unit and location. http//www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR
- 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, because of or on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation, and any other status protected by applicable state law . In addition, LCE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.