Summer Program and Exhibition Intern
Bethesda-based arts organization seeks a part-time, paid Summer Program and Exhibition Intern. We are looking
for a detail-oriented individual to become part of our programs and exhibitions team in support of our annual
Labor Day Art Show and other events, public programs and exhibitions. The ideal candidate will have experience in
administrative support, visual arts, galleries or exhibitions, and communication with the public.
The Glen Echo Park Partnership for Arts and Culture is a nonprofit organization formed to manage and operate
the programs and facilities at Glen Echo Park, an arts and cultural center located within a National Park site in
Montgomery County. Glen Echo Park is a community of artists, educators, dancers, and performers who share
their knowledge and expertise with participants and audiences of all ages and skill levels. The Partnership is
dedicated to encouraging public participation in all that the Park has to offer.
Reports to the Exhibition Manager. Office location: Arcade Building, 7300 MacArthur Blvd. Glen Echo, MD.
- Support production of the annual Labor Day Art Show (September 4 –8, 2020) including data entry,
communication with artist participants, volunteer recruitment, exhibition and event set-up, and staffing of
- Assist with production and exhibition installation for ongoing Partnership Galleries activities
- Provide administrative support for class registration and reception
- Support and staff special events (June through September) both onsite and offsite, including Art Walk in the
Park First Fridays, Imagination Bethesda festival, Heritage Days programs and other special events
- Be on-time and consistent in reporting to work during hours listed below
- Act professional and courteous at all times
- Maintain a professional demeanor
- Act as an excellent representative of the Partnership
Hours: Part-time seasonal position. Regular hours weekdays, approximately 16-20 hours per week starting early
May through early September 2020. We would like our intern to be available to work some Mondays and
Tuesday-Friday. Some evening/weekend hours required for special events. Additionally, intern must be available
to work onsite during the Labor Day weekend, Friday, September 4–Wednesday, September 9, 2020.
Compensation: Hourly rate, commensurate with experience.
Physical and other requirements: Must be able to provide own transportation, including during hours when public
transportation is not operating; lift and move up to 25 pounds and walk throughout the Park for event setup;
verbally speak fluent English to engage patrons and communicate with artists and volunteers.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old. Junior or Senior college student preferred.
- Ability to work independently; excellent organizational, and verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in education, special events, gallery work or exhibitions strongly preferred
- Familiarity with visual arts mediums strongly preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft office programs
To Apply: With “Summer Program and Exhibition Intern” in the subject line, please send resume and cover letter
to: email@example.com. By mail, send to GEPPAC, 7300 MacArthur Blvd., Glen Echo, MD 20812.
The Glen Echo Park Partnership for Arts and Culture is an equal opportunity employer.