Summer 2020 Intern
This is our Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN!
- Interns will learn how CNN's Jake Tapper, and his team plan and produce a Sunday morning political interview program.
- Interns will shadow and assist producers and receive assistance from the team if they would like to work on a story of their own.
- Intern duties include conducting research, fact-checking political claims, logging interviews, and greeting guests.
- The opportunity for taking on greater responsibility is available to interns who demonstrate strong self-motivation and news judgment.
- Interns should come away with sharper editorial and writing skills, exposure to leading technology and increased knowledge of the U.S. government and political system.
- Broadcast Journalism, Communications or Political Science major or involvement in student media.
- Strong and evolving current events knowledge and a deep interest in U.S. politics.
- Knowledge of CNN news platforms.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, detail-oriented multi-taskers who function well under deadline pressures.
- Strong academic record (3.0 strongly preferred).
- Cover letter required.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Summer 2020 program dates are June 1st through August 7th. Interns are paid a competitive wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.