Job Description Summary
Instructional Assistant/Assessment Center Staff
Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, has an immediate need for a full time Instructional Assistant/Assessment Center Staff in the Assessment Center, division of Student Affairs. The work schedule is Monday – Friday and will require some evening and weekend hours. This position will also require occasional travel to the Germantown and Takoma Park/Silver Spring assessment centers. Position is Bargaining, Non-Exempt, grade 23. For non-exempt positions, you are not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery College.
Applications must be submitted by April 19, 2019
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and is widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
This position is responsible for providing students with information and guidance on policies, procedures, services and accommodations for testing at the assessment centers. This position administers and implements all placement and academic testing at the assessment centers. This position is responsible for maintaining cooperative relationships and open communication with faculty, student service areas and other College units to assist new and current students with testing services.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide exceptional service oriented test proctoring to students, staff and faculty.
• Explain testing instructions and approved accommodations to visiting students.
• Assist students with their placement testing questions, requests and requirements.
• Utilize student information systems to verify and update testing information and records.
• Master assistive technology tools, web-based testing platforms, and exam monitoring systems.
• Maintain strict confidentiality for exam materials and visitors’ personal information.
• Process staff and faculty requests for exam in-take, proctoring, and retrieval.
• Organize and maintain assessment center spaces, supplies, and resources.
• Train and orient student employees on assessment center policies and procedures.
• Support management with test implementation efforts and assessment center reporting.
• Advance proctoring qualifications and testing services College-wide.
• Participate in campus activities that advance or advocate the mission and vision of the College.
• Associate’s degree in a relevant field that provides an understanding of the field or any combination of education and training providing understanding of the field.
• Two (2) years’ experience in following instructions, methods and techniques to assist students in a testing environment.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service experience in a professional setting.
• Knowledge of modern office procedures and practices.
• Skill in communicating information about testing services and working effectively with a diverse community.
• Computer skills and experience with instructional technology.
• Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
• Prior work experience in a testing center environment.
• Bilingual in one or more of the most common second languages spoken in Montgomery County (Spanish, French, Ethiopian, or an African Language).
• Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
• Online applications must be received by April 19, 2019
For consideration, you must:
1. Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
2. Submit a cover letter.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
• Successful completion of a background check.
• Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.