Sr. Project Manager
View all Jobs
Under general direction of the Director, the Sr. Project Manager is responsible for participating in the planning and coordination of technology projects to ensure that goals and objectives of projects and deliverables are accomplished within specified time frames and funding parameters.
Position Description, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage large-scale, complex projects with both technology and operational components, holding resources accountable for timeline, removing obstacles and escalating issues as needed. Team resources include business analysts, developers, technical architects, DBA administrators, product managers, operations managers, and testing analysts.
- Develop detailed MS Project schedules which are based on input from the functional leaders and team members and which reflect the dependencies of the individual tasks. Leverage MS Project schedules to plan and manage the execution of the projects.
- Work closely with business owners to ensure technologies developed support or solve the business need; work closely with technology team to ensure that business priorities, goals and objectives are clear.
- Should possess solid project management and leadership skills and experience in delivering projects on-time, within budget, and with high customer satisfaction
- Ensures that tasks are completed as scheduled and reports results to management, sponsors and senior management.
- Defines and understands the technical scope and objectives of the project.
- Assists in the preparation of project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks; review the content and presentation prior to publishing.
- Prepares status reports for project team and sponsors; includes identifying significant wins, losses, risks, issues and opportunities.
- Adheres to and assists in the development of standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Monitors resources required to complete project such as task assignments, resource loading and scheduling.
- Inform and escalate high priority problems to Senior Management
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of Project Management experience
- Need to have PMP Certification
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project and MS Office
- Proficiency with Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) and Agile Methodologies
Minimum Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements:
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage team in the accomplishment of common goals; ability to break down obstacles in the path of project plan
- Prior experience managing both technology and operations implementation elements
- Demonstrated PM excellence around planning, status assessment, and managing risk, as well as behavioral skills, such as thinking ahead, attention to detail, and the ability to influence.
- Ability to multi-task in a cross-functional environment
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply applications knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Good interpersonal skills; effective team player
- Strong decision making skills
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines