Spring Intern, Library and Archives
Position Type: Internship
Session: Spring 2020 (February 3 - April 24, 2020)
Location: Washington, DC
SiriusXM + Pandora interns don't make coffee. They're in the archives and stacks, working on projects and making valuable contributions to SiriusXM + Pandora. Join our internship program and learn about the world of audio entertainment and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
SiriusXM + Pandora is looking for an intern with library and/or archives experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and inventory archived physical media.
- Create descriptive cataloging records of audio content.
- Search and retrieve CDs or other physical media as requested by programming staff.
- Reshelve CDs and other media.
- Assist in the movement of large collections of physical media.
- Label and move image assets within a database.
- Ingest audio content into a database.
- Perform other duties as required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be enrolled in a college, university or trade school to qualify. Students who have completed at least two years of college are preferred.
- Current or previous enrollment in Library/Archives classes preferred.
- Library Science students preferred.
- Prior experience working in a library or archive preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good project management and planning skills.
- Good personnel management skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience with database searching principles.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and Windows OS.
Please note that all SiriusXM + Pandora internships are paid.
SiriusXM + Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.