Special Events Manager
The Chevy Chase Club seeks a Manager to join our Special Events team. The Special Events Manager assists the Special Events Director and Assistant Director in promoting the Club’s facilities for private banquets and meetings, club sponsored events and other member related activities. He/she is responsible for providing all aspects of booking member functions including pre-planning, banquet event order creation, marketing/communications, event execution (with banquet department), billing and follow-up.
- Promotes, advertises and markets the Club’s social event facilities and events to members and sponsored guests.
- Coordinates and plans all types of private events and club functions including weddings, luncheons, meetings, dances, sporting events, and holiday events.
- Handles daily member inquiries regarding private room availability and bookings, as well as Club functions and sporting events.
- Works with the Club’s Director of Culinary on menu planning, pricing and other details for private and club events. Suggests and helps members with menu planning for events.
- Helps members with parking, entertainment, decorations, audio-visual, floral and any other requirements integral for events.
- Communicates necessary information to housekeeping, banquets, culinary and other departments involved with the events.
- Assists in marketing efforts, with special regard to the Club’s website.
- Aids in the distribution of the weekly packet of event orders and daily change logs.
- Creates event details such as menu cards, place cards, decorations and seating charts.
- Critiques functions to determine future needs and to implement necessary changes for increased quality.
- Assists the Director of Special Events in compiling data for budget tracking.
- Helps develop Special Events budgets; reviews financial reports and aids in keeping department goals on track.
- Inspects final room setup and other details, may be present to oversee the actual greeting and serving of guests.
- Tracks new products and trends in food service and event planning applicable to the Club.
Candidates must have exemplary customer service skills and a positive, friendly personality. Strong communication, organizational skills, an eye for detail, and team work are essential. Microsoft Office proficiency required. 2-4 years previous hospitality, catering or events experience required. Proper training may be considered in lieu of experience.
Established in 1892, Chevy Chase Club is a full service, family oriented country club located just outside of Washington DC. The Clubs remarkable gardens, grounds, athletic venues and clubhouse facilities offer year-round enjoyment for all ages. The Chevy Chase Club is a traditional private club located 1/2 mile north of DC in Chevy Chase, MD. Open 7 days a week, 12 months per year, the 124 year old, member-owned club has 2400 member families. Facilities include an 80, 000 square foot clubhouse including member dining and private function rooms, freestanding high volume casual restaurant, and 18-hole golf course, golf practice facility, 17 outdoor tennis courts; 7 paddle tennis courts, 4 indoor tennis courts, new state of the art 15,000 sq. ft. fitness center, 3 swimming pools, 8 duckpin bowling lanes, ice rink, 18 room guest house, nature trail and greenhouses.