Software Quality Assurance Specialist
Are you looking to join a company that is energetic, vibrant and growing? Verisk 3E is leading the future in the supply chain and environmental, health and safety management industry. We pride ourselves as being the guardians of environmental compliance and exist to make the world a safer place! We are seeking individuals who believe in our mission and will contribute to our team vision. If you like to be challenged and are looking to advance your career in a fast-paced work environment, then Verisk 3E might be the place for you. We are a group of professional individuals that focus on superior customer satisfaction and continuous improvement in achieving our goals.
The Quality Assurance team at Verisk 3E is looking to add talent to their team. We are hiring for a Software Quality Assurance Specialist to work in our Bethesda, MD office. If you have 4+ years of software testing or quality assurance, let’s chat!
What we’re looking for:
- Passionate people and highly motivated self-starters!
- People who deliver quality customer experiences.
What you’ll get in return:
- To join an industry leader that is continually recognized and rewarded for their innovation and experience
- A group of friendly individuals that work hard and focus on successes as a TEAM
- Competitive compensation and benefits as well as a dynamic, challenging work environment
- Software Testing: building test cases, aggregating results, coordinating with IT on fixes, representing Product in design stages of development
- Being the primary software testing specialist for 3E Insight products, with the ability to train and coordinate with the full testing team. Learning and assimilating knowledge of the integration points between all 3E Products and testing these points, upstream & downstream, accordingly.
- Primary software testing specialist for internal tools associated with 3E Insight product development and generation, and publishing, of content to end users.
- Communication: ensuring the coordination of activities, documenting mutual agreements, establishing open channels of communication, prioritizing improvement initiatives based on business needs, training users on new releases
- Documenting decisions, responsibilities, and process changes in order to provide clarity and shared understanding
- Process Changes: in support of custom projects and new products, document the business requirements from Sales and Product Management and track the implementation of process changes to support those requirements
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement by understanding the product requirements and evaluating all internal processes that support those business needs
- Working within Development and Operations teams to lead, coordinate, or track project teams, as they modify and optimize business practices.
- Evaluating and reporting the quality of the data being entered into the 3E databases, with recommendations for improving processes and quality & performance.
- Updating QC test environment and demo accounts
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 4+ years’ experience in Software Testing, Quality Assurance, Software/Applications Development or related field.
- BA/BS degree or higher, preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of software testing standard practices, with a solid breadth of understanding across multiple testing platforms/tools
- Demonstrated success working within a technical team environment;
- Proven success in implementing process improvements using systematic methods such as level of effort analysis, process mapping, etc.
- Ability to focus on identifying root cause in an objective and factual manner.
- Ability to prioritize assigned projects, set and meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks.
- Thorough knowledge and effective use of MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Familiarity with SCRUM/Agile development methodologies
- Automated testing experience
- Certifications related to project management, quality or process improvement methodologies (Lean Six Sigma)
- Experience with Selenium, SAP and/or AWS
- Environmental Health & Safety background