The purpose of this position is to provide application development and support for ASHA’s staff and customer-facing business applications. Responsibilities include performing user requirements analysis, design, programming and quality assurance, providing technical documentation appropriate to the respective technology, supporting all assigned application and database development and maintenance projects ensuring accurate and timely completion, providing end-user support including problem diagnosis, correction, and documentation, identifying third-party software, as appropriate, to meet user requirements for business applications, developing and maintaining integration points with external vendors, researching and prototyping with new & emergent technologies.
- Assists users in developing application requirements and determines if needs can be met with existing, commercial software or would need custom programming.
- Provides end-user support for the Association Management System (AMS), including requests for advanced database queries and reports.
- Collaboratively develops, tests, deploys, and maintains new and enhanced networked, stand-alone, and customer-facing business applications delivered through the ASHA web site.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with existing applications, including providing technical assistance to end-users.
- Writes and maintains technical documentation for all applications in a format that best suits the technology.
- Converts data and creates integration interfaces between internal applications and between ASHA applications and hosted services.
- Adopts new technologies; develops prototypes and proofs of concept.
Knowledge typically acquired through:
- Obtaining a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management;
- Five (5) to ten (10) years related experience.
Scope and depth of technical skills/knowledge:
- Experience required developing applications using the following programming languages and/or tools: ASP.NET, C#, MS-SQL 2012 and higher, Visual Studio .NET 2015 and higher, SQL Server Reporting Services, Java Script, jQuery, Bootstrap, and knowledge of OWASP Top 10.
- Experience with the following will be helpful: MVC, Entity Framework, LINQ, Python, and Web Services.
- Demonstrated skills in MS-Windows 7 and higher, MS-Office (MS-Word, MS-Excel, and MS-Access).
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and accurate technical documentation.
- Demonstrated experience developing applications using the Software Development Lifecycle and Agile methodologies.
Scope and depth of non-technical skills/knowledge:
- Experience developing business applications.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Easily adapts to changing priorities.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, document user requirements, and translate user requirements into program specifications.