Social Media Specialist
HJF is seeking a Social Media Specialist to support the Consortium for Health and Military Performance (CHAMP), in the Department of Military and Emergency Medicine (MEM) within Uniformed Services University (USU) at its Rockledge Drive location in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CHAMP/MEM.
The incumbent will be responsible for communicating human performance and total force fitness products across CHAMP's social media channels, collects impact data, analyzes engagement and followership, and makes recommendations on improving outreach to target audience.
- Plans health campaigns through social media platforms for CHAMP initiatives to share health and human performance optimization (HPO) information and engages with Department of Defense (DoD) entities/their audience members, and engage with social media users.
- Analyzes data provided through social media and Google Analytics to evaluate outreach impact through social media and CHAMP websites.
- Develops, implements, and manages CHAMP social media content calendar to post on multiple CHAMP entities across popular platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Regularly reports on milestones/timetables and conducts continual progress monitoring of CHAMP’s social media operations.
- Works with subject matter experts to plan, develop, implement and evaluate informational and educational materials intended to reach military audience.
- Works with Outreach and Communications Manager to provide technical assistance to internal groups concerning health communication and marketing programs, projects, and strategies.
- Monitors social media trends and topics as it relates to Human Performance Optimization and Total Force Fitness, to include in social media strategies and plans.
- Responds to social media inquiries in a timely manner and participates in social media meetings with partners, collaborators, and stakeholders.
- Ensures compliance with DoD, USU, and local social media/communications policies and guidelines.
- Works under supervision of the CHAMP Outreach and Communications Manager on to gauge audience interest and feedback in CHAMP digital presences.
- Completes other projects as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Cohesive and detailed storytelling ability; knowledge of organizational objectives; ability to meet deadlines of projects; analytical skills; ability to work independently; ability to use sound judgment in solving problems; excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Works as a team player. Working knowledge of best practices in social media marketing.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related degree.
Minimum Experience: 2 - 4 years working in social media or marketing.
Supervisory Responsibilities /Controls: The selected applicant will work under the general direction of the CHAMP Outreach and Communications Manager, who will evaluate the employee's performance and direct the employee's day-to-day activities.
Work Environment: Office setting.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.