Social Media Coordinator
View all Jobs
About the Organization: The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts ("The Kennedy Center") is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation’s cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion. Mission Statement: As the nation's performing arts center, and a living memorial to President John F. Kennedy, we are a leader for the arts across America and around the world, reaching and connecting with artists, inspiring and educating communities. We welcome all to create, experience, learn about, and engage with the arts. The Kennedy Center, which opened on September 8, 1971, is located on 17 acres overlooking the Potomac River in Washington, D.C. The Center continues its efforts to fulfill President Kennedy's vision by producing and presenting an unmatched variety of theater and musicals, dance and ballet, orchestral, chamber, jazz, popular, world, and folk music, and multimedia performances for all ages.
The Social Media Coordinator supports the Social Media Manager in aspects of social media strategy across all channels for the Kennedy Center and its affiliates. They will create content for appropriate social channels to amplify Kennedy Center messages and engage audiences in the brand's mission and specific campaigns. They will provide exemplary customer service to Kennedy Center patrons across all channels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
40% In collaboration with the Social Media Manager, creates content and manages day-to-day implementation for all Kennedy Center and affiliate organization social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Medium, Snapchat, and new or developing social media platforms). Works closely with programming, multimedia, press, and digital teams on creating content that represents the Kennedy Center’s brand and its programming.
20% Works closely with marketing managers and digital marketing agency on content for paid digital media campaigns to sell tickets and promote events
20% Monitors customer service inquiries across all platforms and directs questions or patron concerns to appropriate staff members.
15% Provides social media coverage on the ground in real-time for Kennedy Center events and programming.
5% Engages influencers and monitors relevant user-generated content to amplify where applicable.
N/A Responds to the needs and requests of Kennedy Center management and staff in a professional and expedient manner; Adheres to all employer policies and procedures; Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field
- 1-3 years of proven experience in the digital and social space
- Intensive knowledge of social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Medium, and YouTube
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Creative Suite, video and audio editing software and basic HTML a plus
Who You Are:
- You have a healthy appetite for spotting, assessing, and taking advantage of trends.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have a high level of personal productivity.
- You have strong relationship building skills.
- You have the ability to think creatively and provide innovative ideas and solutions.
- You have an interest in/knowledge of the performing arts.
- You have a good work ethic, high standards, strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Ability to do a significant amount of work “live” on a smartphone, which may frequently require standing, moving around, and agility.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
No travel is required for this position.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive range of benefits to all full-time employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Leave, and a matching 403(b) Retirement Plan. Additional benefits include Commuter Programs, Education Assistance Programs, Social Activities, and other employee discounts and specials.