Site Safety and Health Officer
Tetra Tech, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide has an immediate opening for a Site Safety and Health Officer. This dynamic and exciting position will be supporting the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center’s facilities maintenance activities in Bethesda, MD.
If you are ready to take your career in a challenging direction, with the ability to make an impact, then talk to us!
The SSHO will execute a corporate worksite Health & Safety program and develop and administer site-specific Health & Safety programs, consistent with established Company policies and in accordance with applicable regulations and standards. You will train workforce on safety procedures and requirements and ensure all elements of contract safety requirements are being followed and adopted. The SSHO will report to Site Level Program Manager.
- Develop and execute site-specific occupational health and safety programs
- Audit the workplace for hazards, develop solutions to eliminate those hazards, communicate the solution to other employees and evaluate progress as the solution is implemented
- Evaluate hazardous conditions and recommend procedural or administrative controls and/or personal protective equipment.
- Responsible for accident prevention programs to include weekly safety briefings
- Schedule, coordinate and deliver safety training to workforce; maintain training documentation and attendance records
- Investigate property damage and personal injury accidents to determine cause and methods to prevent recurrence
- Prepare incident and accident reports for review by Management and as required by OSHA and other regulatory agencies
- Facilitate and execute on Company Safety Program and Culture
- Coordinate workers compensation cases with corporate and insurance carrier personnel
- Minimum of five (5) years of Healthcare environment experience administering a worksite safety program, preferably with a government contractor or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
- Associate’s Degree in Safety Management or a related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated communication skills; ability to convey information effectively in writing and in presentations or speeches to other employees.
- Completion of OSHA 30-hour General Industry course
- Certified Safety, Environmental and Emergency Manager (CSEM) preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of software
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
If your quality of life is as important as the quality of the work you choose, then get ready to join us!
Tetra Tech is a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 17,000 employees, 400 offices worldwide and $2.8 billion revenue in 2017, Tetra Tech strives to improve the quality of life through innovative, sustainable solutions that help our clients reach their goals for water, environment, energy, infrastructure, and resource management projects. Our commitment to safety is ingrained in our culture and at the forefront of every project. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery.
As part of the Tetra Tech family of companies, we are home to some of the best minds in the country, including nationally renowned subject matter experts. Whether we are contemplating the restoration of our environment or helping to revitalize our urban centers, we are thinking of clear sustainable solutions to resource management and infrastructure challenges. In fact, it’s much more than what can be done today; it’s what we’ll be able to do tomorrow. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our team. We are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies