The News vertical at U.S. News is seeking an SEO Analyst who can lead the SEO efforts within the vertical. They will work directly with the editorial and product teams to enhance the content from an SEO perspective. Developing best practices while providing direct support to the editors will be key to the success of this role. The person will also coordinate closely with the global SEO, social and business intelligence teams.
Champion our organic traffic growth through smart, actionable search tactics and work closely with the company’s global SEO team to fashion SEO strategy for News. Keep up to date on search trends and tools, using SEO analysis to troubleshoot issues and analyze efforts of competitors. Lead SEO activities across News, including keyword research, link-building strategies and technical SEO optimizations.
Help editors optimize headlines and copy to appeal to a social media audience and for SEO. Define core topics that resonate with the U.S News audience in the news space. Monitor our content and help update existing content for better SEO performance. Track trending topics using Crowdtangle, Adobe Analytics, Parse.ly and other audience development tools.
Work closely with Business Intelligence and social media team, data editor and News editors to identify opportunities for traffic/audience growth. Use tools such as SEMrush and Searchmetrics to identify high search volume terms that relate to the news topics that are covered by our reporters.
- Experience in a news environment creating content that is timely and relevant, but also optimized for search.
- Experience with search tools such as Searchmetrics, SEMRush and Search Console.
- Proven tracker record organizing best practices across an editorial team.
- Experience using data and analytics tools to understand traffic patterns and user behavior.
- Willingness to lead and teach in a fast-paced environment; must be a self-starter.