Senior Revenue Accountant
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a successful Healthcare IT company experiencing significant growth. We have proven products, brand-name customers, significant revenue and growth, and are backed by leading investors. Here you'll get to work with some of the smartest and most interesting people who are solving unique and complex challenges in healthcare on a scale matched by few companies.
Our applications and programs are focused on making prescriptions safer and more efficient, helping hospitals, physicians, pharmacies and care providers save patient's lives! If you get excited about stretching yourself in new ways, developing yourself to your fullest potential, care about working with smart colleagues; we want to talk to you!
We are looking for an ambitious revenue accountant to ensure the timely and accurate recognition of revenue, unbilled receivables, and deferred revenue. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the accounting and finance departments. You will be responsible for following the corporate revenue recognition policy and assisting in the preparation of the required reporting and disclosures. This position will be a great opportunity to kick-start a successful career in corporate accounting and finance. If you can look at problems in new ways and come up with the solutions nobody has considered before, we will offer you the environment, space and the inspiration to do so.
Who will love this job:
- An organizer who maintains files and documents in order and is very detail-oriented and structured
- A researcher who enjoys researching new accounting rules and their application to improve the operations and reporting of the accoutning department and the organization; someone who will use data and facts to argue the position that the company would like to achieve based on the accounting rules
- A creative problem solver who leverages his/ her understanding of the accounting rules, systems, and tools to simplify and shorten the accounting and revenue recognition processes and improve the accuracy of information
What you will work on
- Ensure the timely and accurate recognition of revenue, unbilled receivables, and deferred revenue
- Identify potential revenue issues and communicate to management to ensure appropriate treatment
- Assist in the month-end closing of revenue ledgers with closing schedules and account reconciliations
- Work directly with internal and external auditors to facilitate audit requirements related to revenue recognition
- Complete special projects and other ad hoc report requests
- Minimum of five years of progressive accounting experience
- An active CPA license
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field
- Solid knowledge of accounting responsibilities and processes
- Experience in accounting software (preferably Netsuite)
- Proficiency with MS Office skills are a must (especially Excel)
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work efficiently on multiple projects/project types
- Must be detail-oriented, self- motivated, self- disciplined, and deadline-driven
- Excellent analytical, technical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- 70% sitting
- 30% standing and moving throughout the office
We offer comprehensive benefits to keep you healthy as you grow in your life and career. Your merit-based compensation will reflect the impact your work has on the company and our customers.