Senior Network Engineer
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the world's first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company's unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
About the Opportunity
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a candidate to be responsible for supporting the delivery of managed services support across a large IT infrastructure environment (LAN/WAN, server infrastructure). Responsible for supporting operation, performance, and availability of data, video and voice communications networks spanning 1000+ network devices. Also support design/engineering efforts related to any new infrastructure initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing network performance
- Network analysis, integration, and tuning
- Configuration of network devices
- Performing Tier III-level troubleshooting
- Coordination with Tier II staff relative to include training/knowledge management development
- Support for a variety of network devices, to include - Routers, switches, load balancers and WAPs
- Demonstrate a proficiency with Cisco IOS and Nexus systems
- Support all preventative and emergency maintenance activities
- Knowledge of IBM SNA protocols
- Provide task management support for specific network-related project iniatives
- Support problem management efforts, to include development of Root Cause Analysis documentation and resolution
Education and Years of Experience:
- BS/BA with 9 years experience in a computer-related field
- CCNP Router/Switching
Min. Citizenship Status Required: H1B
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position.
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with
a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up
your DMI wellbeing:
- Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development - Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.