Senior Manager, Strategic Analytics
Summary of the Position
The (Sr.) Manager, Strategic Analytics is a supervisory position within the Data Strategy and Analytics (DS&A) team within the Strategy division. The DS&A team performs highly strategic and complex analyses and develops tools that support decision-making at the highest levels of the organization.
The (Sr.) Manager designs analyses to solve important enterprise problems, and communicates insights and recommendations to non-technical, senior audiences. He/ She also works collaboratively across the organization to drive a culture of data-driven decision-making, ensuring insights and analytical tools are used where needed.
The (Sr.) Manager accomplishes this through a high-performing team with a diverse set of skills (e.g., forecasting, segmentation, modeling, statistical analytics, informatics, etc.). He/ She is responsible for their professional performance, development and satisfaction.
To be successful in this role, the (Sr.) Manager must also be able to deal with ambiguity, and operate within a diverse, global setting.
Roles And Responsibilities
Develop vision for Analytics and Insights at USP and update periodically
- Develop a perspective on the most impactful ways for the team to support the enterprise, while ensuring individual team members’ professional development
- Determine how the team can best drive a culture of data-driven decision-making at USP
- Syndicate vision and plan with senior Strategy leadership, and refresh periodically
Generate insights to support strategy setting and decision-making
- Understand the problem landscape and identifying the crux of the issue quickly
- Design the most feasible, easy-to-communicate analysis to inform strategic questions
- Conduct the analyses and mentoring others in doing so
- Identify the obvious and not-so-obvious implications of analyses, and additional questions to answer
- Communicate insights to senior audiences
- Act as a thought partner to colleagues across USP on how to resolve problems using analytics. Partners include program unit heads, site heads, and strategy leaders.
Develop dashboards and tools to support decision-making and reporting
- Conduct demand forecasting, segmentation, and modeling to support strategic, tactical, and operational initiatives
- Provide data and insights through dashboard and reporting building
Coach and develop team, and manage workflows to optimize for individuals’ interests and development needs
- Help team set professional goals and development objectives, and monitor, and mentor them in achieving these
- Manage workflows and client requests and assign them based on teams’ interests, development needs, and capacity
- Manage internal partner expectations related to specific deliverables
Performs other related duties as needed/ assigned
- Undergraduate degree required. Preferred majors in chemistry, biology, or other science degree.
- MBA or other relevant master’s degree preferred in areas such as Data Science, Analytics, Statistics, Information Systems, Computer or other related fields
- Sr. Manager - At least 8 or more years of experience in strategy consulting, analytics, data science or data strategy and 4 years of management experience
- Manager – At least 3-4 years of experience in strategy consulting, analytics, data science or data strategy and some management experience
- Advanced level analytical and strategic thinking skills required
- Advanced level of data interpretation and problem-solving skills required
- Highly proficient data manipulation skills including SQL and solid knowledge of relational databases
- Advanced data visualization and modeling skills such as Tableau, R
- Highly proficient in Excel skills and intermediate skills for other MS Office applications
USP Offers An Impressive Benefits Package , Including
- Generous paid time off – 14 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Rockville, Maryland, United States