Senior Manager, Real World Evidence, Data Analytics – US East Coast , Bethesda preferred
This is an exciting opportunity to join our successful research team and to help define and drive solutions for clients and patients. We are specifically recruiting someone for ourData Analytics team within Real-World Evidence to provide strategic oversight and project management support for a multi- million dollar program of research for one or more key accounts. This is a dynamic role involving regular contact with several key internal and sponsor stakeholders.
Data Collected In These Studies Is Then Used To Address Key Research Questions Such As
Evidera has been providing epidemiology, data analytics, and outcomes research services to clients in the biopharmaceutical industry for over 19 years. The Real-World Evidence team supports pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies in the design and conduct of real-world observational studies throughout the product lifecycle, from early pre-launch planning to launch and post-marketing management. Our focus is on helping our clients identify evidence gaps and rapidly build epidemiologic and economic evidence to demonstrate the effectiveness, safety and value of their products. For this role, the focus is on observational epidemiologic studies both retrospective and prospective in nature, targeted literature reviews, and risk management plans.
- Burden of disease and identification of unmet needs
- Treatment patterns, drug utilization, adherence
- Resource utilization
- The identification and impact of risk factors on disease outcomes
- Comparative effectiveness
- Safety outcomes
We use epidemiologic methods to build knowledge of the relationships between patient, drug, clinical and disease factors that significantly aids our clients and the patients they serve in understanding health conditions and navigating potential drug-event causal relationships as well as in building stronger evidence-based value messages.
Role And Responsibilities
The Senior Project Manager reports to the Executive Director . He/she supports the Executive Sponsor in the strategic oversight and management of a diverse portfolio of work for one or more key accounts. This involves the collection, tracking, and processing of data to inform decision making, managing the day - to - day communication between the sponsor and internal stakeholders , ensuring project budgets and timelines are being managed appropriately, facilitation of internal and sponsor meetings to discuss strategic planning, business development, pipeline updates, share lessons learned, and enhance client service.
In Particular, The Senior Project Manager Will
- Be responsible for the overall coordination and management of administrative aspects of individual studies from receipt of lead through project set-up and delivery to the sponsor , including but not limited to f inancial and legal aspects of project management.
- Be responsible for financial stewardship and dashboard reporting of the account, per sponsor requirements. Work to ensure that all project deliverables meet the customer time/quality/cost expectations.
- Work with senior management and functional area leads to identify and evaluate fundamental issues on the project and ensure solutions are implemented. Able to escalate and communicate risks and concerns, as well as develop mitigation plans specific to project needs
- O versee and manage diverse real-world evidence projects for multiple stakeholders within a key account; perform traditional project management activities such as ensuring all project deliverables, timelines, and budgets are closely monitored, as well as oversee Quality Control processes, ensure appropriate documentation of quality validation steps, oversee and manage third-party vendors , and keep relevant internal and sponsor stakeholders informed/consulted as appropriate.
- Contribute to the design and refinement of accounts-specific tools and processes as needed to meet or exceed client expectations with regards to account management.
- Support client communication, both providing key messaging to internal team members, but also disseminating study team communications to clients and external stakeholders
- Work across functional groups and departments to ensure successful delivery of studies, including but not limited to data analytics programmers and research scientists . Engage internal teams in discussions to share lessons learned, share ideas for improvement, and discuss strategic approach to Real-World Evidence positioning and business development.
- S upport new sales opportunities including, but not limited to, budget development, proposal content development, and ‘win’ strategies
- Provide support for the Data Analytics Sr Leadership Team in defining and meeting specific business targets
- I dentify opportunities to expand the account and enhance client service; propose solutions and recommendations both internally and to the sponsor directly.
- Work on site at client offices 40-60% of work week; regularly meet face-to-face with key client contacts to discuss status of ongoing studies, pipeline, and administrative topics.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor ’ s degree or licensed certified health care training or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Project management certification (e.g. PMP, PgMP , CAPM) or demonstration of project management skills including scope, budget ing , forecasting, timeline s , resource management, and use of project management systems (e.g. MS Project).
- Demonstrable experience managing across a range of cross-functional, global, external stakeholders.
- A demonstrated track record of project managing a variety of studies within ideally either a CRO or consulting firm
- A deep understanding of the Life Science industry
- In depth understanding of observational projects and project portfolio management
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to multitask and problem solve
- Excellent client facing skills
- Valid Passport, where appropriate.
- The position is permanent, full time and optimally based in Bethesda ; 40-60% working on-site at sponsor’s office.
Evidera is a global research consulting group that partners with life sciences organizations worldwide to develop, capture, and communicate the clinical and economic evidence required to substantiate the value of their products and optimize their products’ market access and commercial success. Our research and consulting services are driven by world-class sci ence, operational excellence , and thought leadership and leverage a unique combination of capabilities in health economics, outcomes research, market access, data analytics, and epidemiology.
Why Choose Evidera?
Evidera offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Our Bethesda office is conveniently located a few blocks from the Bethesda metro, local shops, and restaurants. This office also offers complimentary coffee & tea, breakfast on Fridays, frequent social events, and a spacious, quiet work environment. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance for all our staff. The Real-World Evidence team constitutes a vibrant and dynamic group of individuals who specialize in scientific methods and research operations.
Our mission is to be the global leader in generating and communicating evidence of product value to inform healthcare decision making.