Senior Manager, Brand Management
We are looking for an exceptional marketing leader to help shape one of the regions’ most iconic brands - Metro. The Senior Manager, Brand Management will serve as a key brand ambassador, ensuring that all marketing and communications touchpoints are on-brand and on-message. A mix of high-level strategy and on-the-ground tactical execution is required to ensure a more consistent presence for Metro. This is amazing opportunity to build a department, while also working on one of the most recognized and influential brands in the DC region.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Minimum of eight (8) years of brand management and marketing experience, ideally with a Business-to-Consumer (B2C) brand, to include three (3) years of supervisory experience
- Master’s degree in Marketing or related field
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Senior Manager, Brand Management serves as a key brand ambassador, ensuring that all marketing and communications touchpoints are on-brand and on-message. A mix of high-level strategy and on-the-ground tactical execution ensures a more consistent presence for the Washington Metropolitan Transit Authority (WMATA). The incumbent oversees staff, charged with establishing a unique market presence in the Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia corridor.
- Directs brand strategy and provide leadership, motivation, and clear direction to agencies, cross-functional teams and partners to achieve brand goals.
- Leads brand development to include establishing guidelines, positioning, voice/tone, and brand visuals and leverage brand health study and other relevant consumer and market trend data to inform evolution of brand strategy.
- Builds and leads a creative studio that leverages high-quality, state-of-the art strategies that could be incorporated into marketing, design and communications practices for video.
- Drives brand consistency by developing process and tools to educate and empower employees, agencies, and partners to create brand-compliant content.
- Oversees internal print shop to efficiently manage delivery of all printed materials.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job Descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.