Senior Healthcare Analyst
Altarum is seeking a Senior Healthcare Analyst for our Center for Military and Veterans Health which includes our Survey Science portfolio for various other populations. This position will be based out of our Washington, DC or Ann Arbor, MI office, but may require minimal travel to client sites in Falls Church, VA. The Analyst will be responsible for acquisition, management, analysis and reporting of health-related data. We are seeking a candidate with experience in SAS and Python and has experience conducting multivariate analysis. Our analysts also utilize a variety of other software tools (Stata, Unix, Tableau) on both PC and mainframe platforms, and we value quality, collaboration, and the willingness to continually learn and improve programming methods.
- Analysis of military health data including claims, surveys, electronic health record, and other health care related datasets.
- Manipulate data using SAS (SAS/BASE, SAS/STAT, SAS/Graph, Macros, ODS, etc) and Python (experience preferred) to create professional reports, briefings, summary tables, figures, and displays of analytical results.
- Help design, develop, implement and interpret analytic studies.
- Combining data from multiple sources
- Utilize data visualization and manipulation software such as Tableau to create reports.
- Understanding and synthesizing data and communicating analyses into simple language for clients and other audiences.
- Review other analysts’ work for quality and content as part of overall quality control.
- Interact with project team in a collegial and professional manner; help foster teamwork to complete designated tasks.
- In collaboration with others, develop and maintain databases and data systems necessary for projects and department functions.
- Working independently with little supervision and ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Recommend approaches or tools to increase efficiency in data workflows.
- 8-10 years of working experience.
- Master’s in Public Health, Statistics, Computer Science, Epidemiology, Health Care Management or other related degree preferred.
- Experience manipulating data for research analysis, responding to technical data requests.
- Experienced SAS user, Python experience also preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a low level DoD clearance (sole US citizen).
- Ability to demonstrate an exceptionally high level of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new tools and information systems.
- Strong understanding of the importance of the quality assurance process.
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team including researchers, research analysts, systems analysts, and programmers.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to work with others, frequently across multiple office locations
- Positive attitude—ability to collaborate with and promote a positive relationship between colleagues, partners, and clients
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with clients on an as needed basis
- Good problem solving skills and critical thinking Microsoft Office Tools (i.e., Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Access)
- Military Health System data experience preferred