Senior Brand Marketing Manager
The Senior Brand Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing marketing strategy for multiple partner programs, with a focus on driving long-term enrollment and building upon a program’s brand. The Senior Brand Marketing Manager is the key program marketing stakeholder and is the main external marketing point of contact. Reporting to the Director or Senior Director of Brand Marketing, this role maintains responsibility over a wide variety of digital marketing tactics for assigned programs. Given the additional seniority of this role, the Senior Manager is expected to manage a larger portfolio of programs and to lead all Brand Managers and Coordinators by example.
Key Role And Responsibilities
- Program marketing oversight / Develop and oversee the execution of a data-influenced marketing strategy for multiple partner programs. Establishing these long-term strategic plans, including an annual marketing plan delivered to the partner, requires deep partnership and excellent communication with key external marketing stakeholders. Must partner closely with a program’s General Manager to ensure proper execution of all partner-related activities. Must be comfortable and able engaging with senior level external stakeholders (up to Dean level). Help to mentor other Brand Managers across the team as it relates to all partner-facing planning and execution.
- Internal program marketing leadership / With specific marketing accountability for assigned programs, the Senior Manager must ensure exceptional strategic communication with all internal stakeholders, specifically including those in marketing and admissions. This includes program responsibility for overall brand position, audience development, messaging, differentiation, and a clear understanding of competitive programs. Given an additional scope of programs, the Senior Manager will manage at least one Coordinator or Senior Coordinator. The Senior Manager is directly responsible for internal communication channels (i.e., program intranet) and representing the Brand team in structured cross-functional meetings with the program leadership team. Engage in strategic planning with key internal stakeholders, ensuring benchmarks and goals are being met; proactively reporting results and opportunities to Brand Marketing Directors and VPs and to leadership across the business.
- Marketing conversion activities / Oversee all funnel conversion activities for prospective students and applicants, including all paid and organic channels. Work closely with cross-functional counterparts to uncover opportunities, and introduce new initiatives to improve conversion. Create strategic plans and stellar creative briefs for a wide variety of digital marketing tactics. Manage Senior Coordinators and Coordinators to ensure strong execution across all conversion-related activities. Ensure a focus on both data-driven and brand-building activities at all points throughout the marketing funnel.
- Oversee holistic prospect & applicant journey / The Senior Manager is responsible for ensuring that all marketing and contact activities are coordinated in such a way that all prospective students have a clear understanding of all program features and benefits. This requires a clear strategic vision for all potential touchpoints, as well as strong communication to internal and external stakeholders.
- Professional development / In addition to all activities noted above, the Senior Manager is responsible for the development of at least one Coordinator/Senior Coordinator. Prepare Senior Coordinators for potential promotion to Manager-level roles. Ensure that the Coordinator/Senior Coordinator can work autonomously on relevant and appropriate tasks.
Education And Experience
- 5-9 years as a Communications Specialist, Marketing Manager, Account Manager or similar job function, either in an agency or corporate setting
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or similar a plus
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role and at 2U:
- Demonstrated experience in partner, client or account management
- Demonstrated experience in driving marketing strategy
- Experience across a variety of digital marketing tactics
- Strong background in project management
- Ability to translate business objectives and opportunities into actionable projects for self or direct reports
- Solid verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Must be highly organized and have great attention to detail
- Experience with email automation systems, Salesforce, Google Analytics and Tableau is a plus
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional and productive team atmosphere
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to adapt and thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.