School Bus Driver
Rochambeau, The French International School of Washington, DC, is accepting applications for school bus drivers. Incumbents hired must be willing to work a 10-month “split shift work schedule.”
The French International School offers excellent benefits, paid holidays and consistent pay throughout the school year for all bus drivers.
nder the general supervision of the Transportation Manager, drivers are responsible for the following:
- Safely transporting groups of children to and from school and school-related activities, following assigned routes and schedules;
- May be assigned field trips, extra-curricular activity runs, etc. normally within a 50-mile radius of Bethesda;
- Drives school bus on assigned routes, picking up and discharging students at designated locations;
- Maintains order among students on the bus and reports of violations of misconduct to the appropriate school officials;
- Completes pre-trip and post trip checks on assigned bus to include maintaining the cleanliness, of the bus checking fuel, oil, and other fluid levels daily;
- Reports any deficiencies needing repair or maintenance;
- Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to the safe operation of a school bus.
- Observes posted speed limits and reports any accidents or damages to the Transportation Manager or designee;
- Notifies supervisor of any therapeutic drugs that are prescribed within twenty-four (24) hours of the doctor writing the prescription;
- Direct supervision and training is received from the Transportation Technician;
- Drive the bus from and to the bus depot daily;
- Attends safety and training meetings and other meetings as necessary;
- Prepares student manifest reports as requested;
- Keeps bus clean - both inside and outside;
- Keeps an up-to-date route sheet on the bus at all times;
- Keeps required handbooks on the bus at all times;
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Employee may transport students on field trips and outings. The authorized personnel will supervise the students during field trip.
- Driver will provide assistance to the field trip supervisor as needed. Although not driving for the duration of the field trip, the drivers will be compensated from the approved schedule time when the bus leaves the depot to the time the bus is returned to the depot.
- Drivers may also be asked to drive the bus to and back from the garage area for maintenance.
- Possession of a valid Commercial Driver’s License with and S and P endorsement from the state in which the driver resides
- Five years of experience driving a school bus.
- Must be able to pass a Background Check, Drug Test, and DOT Physical.
- Ability to operate a school bus in a safe and efficient manner, in both an urban and suburban setting.
- Ability to manage groups of students while driving the bus.
- Ability to understand directions regarding bus routes, locations of bus stops, and any special arrangements.
- Possession of a satisfactory driving record that shows: (A) Within the preceding five (5) years, the driver has not been convicted of a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substances, has not been convicted of a felony, or has not been assigned to any alcohol safety action program or driver alcohol rehabilitation program, and (B) Within the preceding twelve (12) months, the driver has not been convicted of two (2) or more moving traffic violations.
Rochambeau, The French International School of Washington, DC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, generic information or any protected class prohibited by law.