In the hospitality industry, people matter.
That's why here at Choice we're always looking for exceptional people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and more complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done - and done well.
At Choice we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of hospitality - and we offer support, training and a collaborative workplace atmosphere that makes us a great place to bring together people, brands, and technology that enable success.
Who are we looking for? Maybe it's you.
- The Revenue Manager maximizes hotel room revenue through daily management of room inventory and product pricing for assigned hotels. The position is responsible for developing and recommending room rate and availability strategies to optimize the best mix of business through multiple distribution channels for assigned portfolio of hotels in various markets. The daily practice of maximizing hotel rooms revenue through the development and implementation of effective transient inventory and pricing strategies based on future demand forecasts, utilizing Choice’s standardized tools and operational procedures. They will understand the market and competitive positioning in order to develop each hotel's business strategy integrating both strategic and tactical skills. The Revenue Manager must be strategic and decisive, combining knowledge in ecommerce, sales, marketing and distribution to make the optimal revenue decisions in all channels.
Description of Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary point of contact for hotels in revenue management program. Provides consultative services and assistance to hotels and Area Directors as necessary to implement revenue management and distribution strategies.
- Manage the guest room inventory through the systems end date for assigned hotels. Manages rates and inventories in all distribution channels to ensure parity. Create, recommend and evaluate strategic pricing decision by market segment and channel to maximize room revenues for assigned hotels.
- Lead the Revenue Management Meeting with the hotel team to review performance, selling strategies and market trends for assigned hotels. Completes the Revenue Management Recap t to communicate to the hotel the performance results and strategies of assigned hotels. Prepares and analyzes supporting documentation for revenue meeting for assigned hotels – Daily Report, Segmentation Report, Smart Rate reports, pricing positions, market shops, STR, Hotelligence 360, etc. Ensures all Revenue Management data files are organized and maintained.
- Act as a liaison to between the hotel team and the Choice brand as it pertains to Revenue Management. Utilize and share in depth knowledge of brand systems such as Rate Center, Choice ADVANTAGE, SmartRates, Choice ROC with assigned hotel teams. Ensure hotels are aware of new marketing and promotional opportunities as they are made available.
- Complete special projects and other responsibilities as assigned based on the needs of the Choice RM needs.
- Participate in development and roll out of corporate wide and franchise wide Revenue Management activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics or relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. MBA preferred (or work towards one) or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years hotel experience as a Revenue Manager, or Business or Consulting experience focused on revenue analytics
- Comprehensive understanding of Revenue Management principles and philosophies
- Thorough understanding of Choice Internet sites, and appropriate Property Management Systems, Choice distribution platforms and strategies, GDS systems.
- Understanding of industry standard metrics and related reports, Revenue Management tools and reports, Choice Central Management reports, and property management systems and reports.
- Knowledge of Choice Hotels marketing programs
- Understanding of statistical and data analysis
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Strong analytical reasoning skills to include storage, retrieval, matching and execution skills.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft office applications with high degree of demonstrated proficiency in Excel and Access, as well as in the use of Business Objects or similar data mining tools
- Able to apply high level critical thinking skills to understand and solve complex problems having multiple complex variables, e.i. ability to apply previously observed market performance behaviors to new circumstances for the purpose of testing theories / approaches to revenue management tactics.
- Ability to apply statistical and data analysis to business problems, and use as the basis for making recommendations
- Ability to influence decision-makers through presentation of analysis
- Ability to make measurable progress on multiple high priorities while also handling the day to day operations
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to uphold Choice’s Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect.