Reporter, County Government and Politics
Bethesda Beat is an award-winning news site covering Bethesda and surrounding communities.
A service of Bethesda Magazine, Bethesda Beat is the leading news source for Montgomery County, which has a population of more than 1 million people.
We are looking for an inquisitive, enterprising and hard-working multimedia journalist with two years-plus of daily experience for the county government and politics beat.
Bethesda Beat reporters are expected to report and write an average of 2.5 stories a day, Monday through Friday, with occasional night and weekend assignments.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a track record of writing clearly, cleanly and accurately under deadline pressure, producing copy with multiple sources and context
- Be experienced and adept at developing sources and story ideas that demonstrate vision and understanding of news
- Be able to juggle multiple assignments and longer, in-depth stories that advance issues
- Be experienced and adept at shooting photos, and using multiple social media platforms
- Work cooperatively with others as part of a team
- Be passionate about covering local news in a sophisticated market with demanding readers
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, salary requirement and links to three published news articles to Bethesda Beat Managing Editor Andrew Schotz at email@example.com. Candidates will be considered only if all four elements are submitted.