Registration and Education Specialist
Founded in 1942, the National Association of Surety Bond Producers (NASBP) is a national trade association whose membership includes agencies employing surety bond producers, surety companies, reinsurers, and construction-oriented CPA firms.
NASBP offers an intimate and collegial staff environment where each member of staff is a key contributor to the successful operation of the association and is supportive of the roles and responsibilities of other colleagues. NASBP is located in Bethesda, MD.
NASBP is looking for a Registration and Education Specialist that is a detail-oriented person and a problem solver with excellent customer service skills to play a key role in working with the Director of Professional Development to handle all meeting and education registration and act as the key contact for attendees as well as coordinate Virtual Seminars and online courses and content through the organizations Learning Management System (Elevate). This is an exempt position that reports to the Director, Professional Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all meeting and education registration.
- Prepare meeting and event materials and registration packets, including bages.
- Facilitate coordination of Surety Schools, including helping prepare student notebooks, coordinate registration and other logistics and associated administrative tasks.
- Be the first line of contact via phone and e-mail for all meetings and education attendee questions and requests.
- Coordinate bi-weekly NASBP's Virtual Seminars, secure session descriptions and speaker bios, create marketing materials, manage participant registration and communication, introduce and manage live seminars.
- Provide oversight of administrative tasks regarding applying for and maintaining continuing education credits for existing and new NASBP educational programming.
- Enter and retrieve data and produce reports from association management database system as needed to carry out responsibilities.
- Update, monitor, and manage assigned professional development areas of the website.
- Share general office phone support responsibilities with designated staff.
- Fulfill other duties, including providing assistance to other internal departments, as assigned or approved by supervisor, including acting as a back-up for processing financial transactions.
- Duties may include occasional travel and some evening and weekends.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks to meet firm deadlines.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office business suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate comfortably, courteously, tactfully and effectively with a wide range of internal and external contacts, including members, leadership, speakers and partnering organizations.
- Must demonstrate acute attention to detail.
- Must be collaborative and team-oriented.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, professional demeanor and willingness to take on new tasks.
- Ability to work independently without a high degree of direct supervision.
- Familiarity with iMIS database strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Elevate or other Learning Management System, a plus.
- Knowledge of surety and/or construction industry, a plus.
Salary Range $45,000 - $55,000