Public Policy Manager
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Legal, Policy, Trust & Security teams help keep users and their stuff safe, protect Dropbox, counsel Dropboxers on challenging problems, and are always synced with the Dropbox teams they work with. We deal with novel issues every day while standing up for users and helping the company and product grow.
We're building a Public Policy, Government Affairs & Social Impact team at Dropbox that evangelizes Dropbox’s mission of simplifying the way people work together and protecting our users. We aim to promote an open and vibrant digital society and to advance user privacy and data security.
As a member of Dropbox’s public policy team, you will have responsibility for developing our global public policy positions on the issues most important to Dropbox, Dropboxers, and our users. You will analyze public policies critical to our business, drive the creation and refinement of strategic policy positions, prioritize policy interests against business objectives, and work in conjunction with our Government Affairs teams to advance our interests with legislators and regulators around the world. You will represent Dropbox in a myriad of settings. You will build advocacy coalitions with our industry partners and civil society. The strength of your relationships with these groups and your policy smarts will enable you to effectively promote Dropbox’s policy interests. To top it all off, you will be experienced at managing crises and rapid change.
This role will report to our Head of Public Policy and will be based in Washington, DC, with travel to our San Francisco headquarters and other Dropbox offices as needed.
- Develop Dropbox’s positions on technology policy issues globally, drive cross-functional consensus around these positions, and craft policy position documents, talking points, and other materials for internal and external communication
- Partner with industry leaders, trade associations, civil society organizations, think tanks, and other external constituents to build support for our policy positions
- Work closely with our Government Affairs teams in the US at the federal and state level and in EMEA to help them advocate our policy positions in executive, regulatory, and legislative settings
- Work closely with our communications team to create and execute compelling communication strategies around our policy priorities
- Monitor and analyze policy issues and developments of importance to Dropbox and provide strategic advice to senior company executives on these matters
- Partner with product and business teams across Dropbox’s global offices to understand and counsel on the policy implications of strategic decisions
- Exemplify Dropbox values
- 7+ years experience in policy settings, prior technology policy experience preferred
- Passionate about public policy (experience with tech policy preferred)
- Experience working with government officials, industry partners, and civil society organizations
- Skilled at advocating complex policy positions before a wide variety of audiences, persuasively and diplomatically
- Adept at building relationships at the individual level and coalitions at the organization level
- Sweats the details of complicated and nuanced issues, from a policy, business, and relationships perspective
- Guided by a personal integrity that reflects Dropbox’s core values and commitment to our users’ trust
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a fast paced team environment
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)