Proposal Writer – Government Sector
Our Marketing Proposal team is looking for a dynamic Proposal Writer in Bethesda, MD to focus primarily in the Government Sector.
The Proposal Writer will be responsible for leading pursuit teams for the Firm’s Assurance, Tax, and Advisory Practices with primary focus on the Government sector. The successful candidate will engage in full life-cycle proposal development, including, leading sales strategy sessions, template layout and structure, content development, conducting compliance reviews, and providing training and mentorship.
- A highly dedicated professional inspired by new challenges and growth opportunities?
- An agile teammate who exhibits fundamental problem-solving skills?
- A creative and effective communicator with a passion for providing a positive candidate experience?
Look ahead. Imagine more. And consider joining the CohnReznick team.
You Will Be Responsible For
- Drive the creation of sales collateral to reflect the brand while addressing specific client needs including proposals, presentations, statements of qualifications, and meeting agendas
- Lead discussions with internal clients to drive a strategic approach to new business opportunities
- Manage the RFP response/proposal development process; including assessing requirements, acquiring content from subject matter experts and team members, formulating clear and effective responses, and complying with all solicitation requirements
- Conduct research on prospective clients, meet directly with Partners to understand the nature of the opportunity and the business issues the prospective client is facing, and add value through effective and independent research and writing.
- Review, edit, and proofread proposals and other materials to ensure accuracy, clarity, consistency of documents and to ensure compliance with Firm guidelines and standards as well as all prospective client requirements
- Organize, attend, and contribute to preparation meetings with pursuit teams and subject matter experts to ensure alignment and responsiveness
- Develop proposal content through original writing and the adaption of pre-formulated content
- Develop customized presentation content to support the finalist stage - presentation development includes defining meeting framework, mapping content to key messages, and managing layout and design
- Assign tasks to team, set expectations for delivery and develop project schedule
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and marketing team members against strict deadlines
- Perform advanced document formatting and presentation design
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direction to the satisfaction of internal clients
- Work with Senior Proposal Manager to develop new content and templates, ensure consistency, and bring forward new ideas to improve approach and process.
- Ensure strict adherence to quality control methods and department processes required for quality work product and timely delivery of deliverables
- Develop/maintain a library of custom content and template information for advisory service lines
- Experience writing proposals for the technology industry.
- Track the results of and collect feedback on pursuits
- Support other writing, editing, and marketing projects as needed
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree with writing-intensive coursework
- 3 + years of experience in proposal development for consulting services preferred
- Experience bidding on both public and private sector solicitations
- Understanding of GSA schedule
- Experience utilizing online submission tools
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a sharp eye for detail
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work effectively with people at all levels
- Proficiency with all MS Office applications, including graphics tools
- Expert use of MS Word as a desktop publishing tool
- Proficiency in MS SharePoint
- Ability to multi-task while being responsive to short deadlines and frequent changes in schedule
- Flexibility regarding schedule and workload and a willingness to work overtime, as needed, to meet all deadlines
- Endless opportunities to contribute to the top professional services firm in the US
- Network of 2,700 professionals committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
- Creative culture that values collaboration in everything we do
- Team of professionals motivated by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference
- Varied career paths supported by strong professional development programs and resources
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
CohnReznick does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are currently engaged by CohnReznick Talent Acquisition Team by way of a written agreement to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that CohnReznick will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.