Proposal Desktop Publisher/Editor
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Proposal Desktop Publisher/Editor to support the Strategic Initiatives Office located at HJF’s Home Office in Bethesda, Maryland. Reporting to the Senior Proposal Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for final desktop publishing and editing of proposals in response to Federal Government solicitations. Working within the Strategic Initiatives–Business Development Department (BD), the incumbent will interface with other members of the team to produce high quality, winning proposals. The incumbent will be part of a dynamic and growing team that plays a vital role ensuring the success and growth of the HJF mission.
- Conduct final desktop publishing and editing of the proposal response to RFPs and other solicitations.
- Desktop publishing and editing of sections include, but not limited to:
- Executive Summary
- Management volumes
- Technical volumes
- Past Performance volumes
- Relevant Experience summaries
- Transition Plans
- Quality Control Plans
- Staffing Plans.
- Support resume writing, review and formatting.
- Design writing templates (e.g., Word templates) and other tools to produce content for various proposal volumes.
- Liaise with Design and Communications for proposal visuals and production.
- Incorporate visuals, callout boxes, graphics and tables into proposal volumes (using PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Copy editing and proofreading – including editing the final proposal document and preparing for submission.
- Support maintenance of department library (including Past Performance Library) and style guide.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in medical research or military medicine a plus.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Shipley Business Proposal Writing.
- Strong experience/knowledge of MS Word and other office automation tools.
- Strong writing skills, research and communication skills – namely a command of grammar, syntax, diction and the conventions and best practices of business writing.
- Must be able to convey complex thoughts and themes in clear, simple easy to understand writing.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a commitment to follow-through.
- Able to work independently, with minimal direction/oversight; must be a self-starter with demonstrated initiative.
- Must have ability to find creative solutions to problems and challenges.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Able to function effectively as a member of a team.
- Able to work well under pressure and high tolerance for the unexpected or unplanned also must be able to work flexible hours to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask – manage multiple writing assignments simultaneously while meeting all deadlines.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in business writing field (marketing, communications, sales, business writing) or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: 4-6 years equivalent work in desktop publishing/editing experience in proposal/business writing in federal market.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Proposal Writing Training program (Shipley) is a plus.
Work Environment: Office.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.