The Project Manager manages and oversees all or major aspects of a project to ensure it is completed on time and within budget producing high-quality work that meets clients’ needs. Has responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, internal staffing and outside vendors, and contractual deliverables.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and manages project goals, project work plan, project roles, establishes task and timelines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and reports project progress.
- Sets or makes recommendations about strategic direction of project in conjunction with client.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive relationship with clients and other essential stakeholders through regular meetings and communication.
- Works with Directors and Senior Managers to meet designated project and business development goals.
- Manages project budgets, monitors staffing resource needs, and oversees and coordinates preparation of on-going project and internal reporting requirements.
- May manage a specific technical area requiring a high degree of subject matter expertise.
- Assess, implements, and manages change when necessary to meet project outputs with an eye toward improving processes and ensuring quality.
- Assists with developing, managing and reviewing company proposals.
- Exercises discretion with confidential company information.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree preferred
Experience And Skill Requirements
- Requires 1-3 years direct project management experience.
- Has proven ability to apply in depth professional level knowledge to independently solve a full range of complex problems.
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
- Demonstrated ability to obtain client commitments and bring projects to closure.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including effectiveness in persuasive communication and a high degree of professionalism, maturity, and a polished demeanor.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with contract management, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Ability to handle competing priorities and proven ability to be organized, detail oriented, and accurate.
- Has an interest and/or experience in energy and environmental issues and/or energy efficiency.
- Experience with managing software analysis projects such as SQL or Python desired.
Physical, Mental & Logistical Requirements
Language Skills: Very high skill
Mathematical Skills: Very high skill
Reasoning Skills: Very high Skill
Physical Demands: Very low
On The Job The Employee Must
- Bend- Not at all
- Squat- Not at all
- Crawl- Not at all
- Climb- Not at all
- Kneel- Not at all
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel- Frequently
- Reach above shoulder level- Not at all
- Talk or hear- Frequently
- Sit- Not at all
- Stand- Not at all
- Walk- Not at all
- Push/Pull- Not at all
- See color distinctions- Not at all
Must Carry/lift Loads Of
- Light (up to 25lbs.)- Not at all
- Moderate (25-50lbs.)- Not at all
- Heavy (over 50lbs.)- Not at all
On The Job The Employee
- Works in a comfortable environment in typically pleasant conditions- Frequently
- Is exposed to noise- Not at all
- Is around moving machinery- Not at all
- Is exposed to marked changes in temperature and/or humidity- Not at all
- Has a risk of electric shock- Not at all
- Is exposed to fumes or airborne particles- Not at all
- Works in confined quarters- Not at all
If you are interested in joining a leader in moving the residential, commercial, and industrial sectors toward greater energy efficiency, we’d love to hear from you. We offer a collaborative work environment, flexible schedule, a generous benefits package and PTO, a professional development program, and the opportunity to be part of a growing organization!
D+R provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, D+R complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.