Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Want to work on front page news issues? Excited about solving new problems at an unheard-of scale? Our Operations, Partnerships, and Technology team (OPTech) is seeking an aggressive and seasoned project manager that can work at the intersection. This person will be responsible for engaging a multitude of stakeholders in and outside of Facebook’s legal department, to formulate and drive the execution of cutting edge technical solutions to an array of emerging problems. This person’s primary role will be to understand and broker the technical needs within Facebook’s Compliance, Security, and Investigations teams. In addition to making and communicating ruthless prioritization decisions, they will be required to ideate, draft specifications documents, roadmap, and manage the build of technology needs for.
- Act as a trusted partner and advisor to the legal team’s Compliance, Security and Investigations teams to own the consolidation, tracking and communication of project requirements, priority and status to key stakeholders including engineers and leadership.
- Identify, define, and drive new or existing team projects and products.
- Stay connected with front-line practices and provide direct/specific input aimed at increasing operational efficiency with process, tooling, staffing or vendor integration.
- Implement lightweight solutions for tracking and communicating project status.
- Build subject matter expertise, stay up to date on technology, and identify key partnerships to help define team roadmap.
- Serve as an escalation point for front-line difficulties where the next step to resolution is missing or ambiguous.
- Track multiple open ended as well as discrete projects with varying partners in parallel.
- Hold project stakeholders accountable for deadlines and results.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or 6+ years of project management experience.
- 8+ years of experience in technology focused projects and/or product development.
- Experience with software and/or hardware infrastructures.
- Experience breaking down process and identifying pain points in order to deliver operational and technical improvements.
- Experience in legal, regulatory, or law enforcement compliance.
- PMP or Agile certification.
- Experience leading projects, work streams, and deliverables.
- Experience with software engineering and/or compliance technology projects.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, tech focused, web/internet start-up environment.
- Experience with technical execution, implementing new tools and change management for large company wide programs.
- Experience in identifying and leading engagements with internal legal stakeholders as well as external cross-functional work stream leads, stakeholders and engineering partners.