Project Energy Engineer
Edison Energy is a business created to meet the needs of the new energy future. We create a competitive advantage for market leaders by quantifying energy risk and designing the portfolio solution to protect shareholder value threatened by complex energy policies, technological advancements, and new products.
Edison Energy is part of Edison International (NYSE:EIX), which, through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading energy suppliers with revenues in excess of $11B and more than 12,000 employees.
Edison’s Supply Advisory team partners with our clients by working with internal decision-makers to procure natural gas and electricity while managing market risk. The Energy Manager is responsible for leading client relationships, creating and executing energy strategy and ensuring efficient delivery of service to accounts.
The applicant will be responsible for the following tasks and activities:
• Perform energy audits, retro-commissioning, and new construction commissioning of various facilities including higher education, commercial, healthcare, industrial, and municipalities
• Identify energy conservation projects that include both capital and operational measures
• Perform energy use benchmarks (Energy Star)
• Develop and execute performance testing plans for HVAC equipment
• Troubleshoot faulty systems and provide recommendations for corrective actions
• Perform calculations of energy savings
• Perform energy models using eQuest or other software
• Prepare project implementation cost estimates
• Review engineering designs
• Review shop drawings, operation & maintenance manuals, and other construction documentation
• Prepare technical reports and presentations, and presents to clients and senior leaders
• Attend jobsite meetings and field surveys as required
• Partner with Project Managers to complete projects to ensure timely client deliverables
• Typically has 4-7 years of experience in the energy, commissioning and retro-commissioning field
• Experience in performing energy load profile analysis and the use of energy benchmarking and simulation tools
• Working knowledge of HVAC systems (steam, air and water distribution systems, etc.)
• Field experience with HVAC systems - boiler, chillers, air-handlers, etc. – is desirable.
• Experience in estimating HVAC and other energy projects
• Experience in financial analysis of various energy projects
• Energy project experience: screening, development and implementation
• A willingness to learn and work in a team environment with extensive contact with clients
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work autonomously and independent with little oversight
• Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and a valid driver’s license are required
• Must be physically able and willing to conduct site inspections and field work (climb ladders, walk on roofs, etc.)
• BS in engineering or relevant technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• EIT/FE, LEED AP, CEM and other technical certifications, on a PE track