Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities where they are needed most. Visit www.ifc.org
The Business Risk and Compliance Department (CBR) is responsible for setting business standards and providing advice and guidance to the IFC Board, Management and business departments in relation to certain non-financial business risks that may arise in IFC investments, advisory work, and corporate functions. These non-financial risks include external risks such as corruption, fraud, and know-your-customer (KYC) issues, anti-money-laundering (AML/CFT), economic sanctions, tax good governance, and market conduct, as well as internal risks, such as operational conflicts of interest, data access management, and data privacy.
To support these activities, CBR is recruiting a Program Assistant.
This position is ideal for someone early in their career who has an interest in law or international business, a desire to learn about compliance and business risk issues and wants to learn about emerging markets and development work while networking and making valuable connections.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Assistant will be based in Washington, D.C. S/he will:
- Provide targeted support to CBR teams by:
- Creating and updating case management logs and associated files in electronic databases.
- Conducting electronic integrity screening of IFC business partners.
- Maintaining and updating intranet websites, ensuring content is current and updated regularly.
- Handle ad-hoc requests from the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO), Deputy CCO, and other senior staff.
- Provide high-quality administrative and logistical support to the CCO, DCCO and CBR teams, including:
- Preparing briefing materials on CBR subject matters, assisting in the preparation of documents (in PowerPoint, Word, Excel), reviewing and exercising quality control over materials, and preparing correspondence.
- Organizing logistics for departmental meetings, retreats, official meetings, and other events, to include reserving appropriate facilities, scheduling necessary services and equipment, etc.
- Coordinating travel arrangements for the CCO and DCCO, including processing visa applications and reimbursements.
- Managing group and individual calendars and scheduling meetings as requested.
- Any other needed administrative support.
The selected candidate will be expected to discreetly handle sensitive and confidential correspondence and information.
We seek a highly motivated individual who will bring the following qualities and capabilities to this position:
- Required education/experience: Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of relevant or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (including excellent verbal and written English).
- Ability to tactfully and effectively interact with internal and external clients and staff at all levels.
- A high degree of flexibility and ability to prioritize and balance competing demands while under pressure and maintaining attention to detail.
- Demonstrated capacity to multi-task and work independently, with good judgment, discretion, and diplomacy in handling confidential and sensitive matters.
- Excellent information technology skills (Word formatting, Excel, PowerPoint) and willingness to learn new programs and applications as needed.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Proactive, self-starter, who is motivated, resourceful, focused and works with minimal supervision.
- Strong ability and desire to work in a team environment, and aptitude to develop professional networks to improve effectiveness.
- Proven track record of high-quality work and high level of motivation, commitment, and reliability.
- Experience working with a senior member of a management team, e.g. Director or higher
Poverty has no borders. Neither does excellence. This is why we continually search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.