Professional Senior Mover & Materials Handler
Great pay, fulfilling career, growth opportunities galore.
Are you a compassionate, detail-oriented individual who has an eye for organization and a desire to be a part of a family-focused team? Great—we’ve been looking for you!
WayForth is a relocation company that specializes in downsizing and move management services for seniors. We assist our clients through the sometimes-difficult process of transitioning from their homes into smaller spaces, like independent living communities, condos, apartments, or assisted living facilities.
We are a full solution company that performs most aspects of the move process, including: designing floor plans, sorting, packing, moving, unpacking, and resettling our clients into their new homes.
Our team is composed of individuals who are driven, empathetic, and skilled in direct but compassionate communication. We take care of our clients and each other, and we value a great attitude above all else.
This position is for a part-time (with full-time potential) professional mover and materials handler whose primary role will be to pack and prepare items for transport, load and unload items, occasionally take inventory of our clients’ items, and perform cleaning and maintenance tasks at the loading site.
- Physical strength and agility: Lifting, loading, and unloading heavy boxes and items like furniture and appliances (up to 75 lbs.) is required daily.
- Teamwork: Direct communication skills, collaborative spirit, and team loyalty are essential for success in the field.
- Organization: Experience packing a moving truck is beneficial, but is not required.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with our clients in fluent English, are required.
- Customer service: Our clients are sometimes under immense pressure, so the ability to remain patient and gracious in any circumstance is a valued skill.
We are looking for team members who live within 30 minutes of one of our offices:
- Richmond, VA
- Washington, D.C.
- Charlotte, NC
- Philadelphia, PA
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Great benefits, including healthcare and PTO for full-time employees.
- Flexible schedule.
- Opportunities for growth are plentiful, and professional development is always encouraged and supported.
- Self-starters will find themselves on a direct path to leadership.