Uncovers and services client needs. Opens deposit accounts. Cross sells products and services. Refers clients to sales personnel in other business lines. Accepts and processes consumer loan applications and assists with processing small business loan applications. Assists in coordinating daily operations of the branch. Completes other duties as assigned.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Takes a leading role in achieving production goals for deposits, loans, fee income, and other goals that are assigned. Coordinates with branch staff and other business lines to achieve growth objectives. Utilizes standard sales techniques such as profiling, active listening, and tele-consulting to generate business.
2. Earns the client’s trust by enthusiastically adhering to all required service standards and serves as role model for other branch staff in delivering the highest quality service. Resolves client concerns or seeks assistance as needed.
3. Has a complete understanding of all deposit and retail loan products and related services sold in the branch. Maintains familiarity with products sold by other business lines. Demonstrates knowledge of credit standards and loan processing procedures for retail loans. Opens deposit accounts. Accepts, processes and settles loan applications.
4. Ensures procedures are followed or makes authorized exceptions to procedure/policy to maintain optimal branch performance in service quality, accuracy, and efficiency. Reviews and authorizes, as appropriate, transactions or decisions requiring a higher level of authority for approval or signature within the branch, e.g., cashier checks.
5. Follows established audit, security, and compliance guidelines to protect the staff, company assets, and clients from harm or loss. Maintains familiarity with procedures and policies that are subject to audit to ensure audit scores are at acceptable levels.
6. Actively participates in branch meetings to develop and promote ideas for meeting business plan goals. Works in cooperation with all company staff to create a positive and productive work environment.
7. Represents Sandy Spring Bank to the client and community in a professional, courteous manner at all times. Participates in company sponsored community events.
8. Assists with general administrative and operational tasks for the branch. May be required to back up the teller line and assume teller responsibilities as needed. Assists with training new Personal Banker’s or other staff.