Part-time Social Media Specialist
Give an Hour, a national nonprofit offering free mental health services, is looking for a driven Social Media Specialist to attract and interact with our partners, our social media community and targeted audiences. This position is half time, but could eventually become a full-time position.
The position’s objective is to build superior partner engagement and to increase website traffic and donations by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap.
The candidate must have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so it is engaging on those channels. This person will also be responsible for joining relevant social media conversations on behalf of the nonprofit.
- Execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action that is in line with our brand voices.
- Create editorial calendars, syndication schedules and manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information as approved by management
- Drive social engagement and build relationships with influencers and respond appropriately to community comments.
- Interact with current partners.
- Create cobranded content as well as content appropriate for both Give an Hour and Change Direction supporters/collaborators.
- Grow the brand’s social media audience & engagement across all channels, and create a sense of community among top contributors – engage with audience/community and respond/react to comments appropriately
- Comfortable working at home for a virtual organization with flexible hours.
- Proven work experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist.
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
- Positive attitude, quick learner, detail oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
- BS in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations.
- Knowledge of SmarterQueue Social Media Platform or willing to learn
- Must live in and plan to remain in the United States for the tenure of this position.
- Residence in the Philadelphia/NJ or Washington, DC metro region is preferred.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary history to HR@giveanhour.org