Part Time Lead Teacher
Are you looking for an early childhood teaching position where you are supported in your growth as a teacher, and where you can create a safe and nurturing learning environment for young children? Our NAEYC accredited program is seeking a creative, nurturing, and dependable teacher. This is a part time, three mornings a week, and a 10 month position. We want a dedicated lead teacher whose experience demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the developmental needs of children. WCC uses ELA, which is a play-based approach that supports WCC’s philosophy that children learn best through play.
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education is preferred.
• Meets minimum preparation and experience required for certification as an Early Childhood Education Teacher. Complies with all state education and licensing standards, and maintains validation of credentials for the position (i.e. professional development).
• Previous experience as an Early Childhood Education Teacher, in a licensed preschool or early development center is strongly preferred but not required.
• Utilizes technology to effectively communicate with staff, parents and the administrative team.
• Exhibits strong communication and organizational skills. Creates a responsive and productive working relationship with parents, children, assistant teacher, and other staff communicating clearly and concisely.
We offer a competitive salary.
Our staff come from diverse cultural backgrounds and varied work experience. We share a commitment of respect for all children and their families. If you are interested in learning more about this position, please submit your resume and with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (301) 320-7599