Part Time Faculty Program Facilitator
Montgomery College is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member serving as a Program Facilitator. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated educator who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner. The work hours will be 25 hours a week.
Student Life Program Facilitators are integral to Montgomery College’s Office of Student Life efforts. The individual in this role will be responsible for the facilitation, teaching, mentoring and evaluation of the Advanced iLead leadership development program which is made of MC students who have completed the iLead student leadership development program. Students involved in this program meet weekly and the individual in this role will be responsible for creating the curriculum of a semester long leadership development program. This role will also assist the Director of Student Life in facilitating the student leadership retreat and other leadership development programs as assigned.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To
- Develop, teach and implement the Advanced iLead program for students who have completed the iLead program.
- Facilitate and teach various leadership development workshops and retreats for students.
- Develop promotional marketing and publicity materials for MC students.
- Attend the student leadership retreat and other leadership programs as assigned.
- Assist with the development of course materials.
- Maintain accurate, complete records of programs and projects to provide status reports.
- Other duties as assigned which are consistent with the goals of the Office of Student Life.
- Master’s degree with a preference for student development, higher education or counseling.
- Minimum of one semester of teaching experience.
- Ability to demonstrate experience with working with students.
- Must have strong knowledge of, experience with, and/or demonstrated interest in student leadership and the development and implementation of leadership development programs/workshop.
- Computer and Internet experience required (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Experience with social media applications such as Facebook, twitter and Instagram.
- Sensitivity to the needs of a diverse student population, including minority and international students.
- Ability to encourage and empower students to make their own decisions.
- Experience with presenting and organizing training for students.
- Commitment to excellence in the development of student-centered programs and services.
- Ability to act as an advocate for both the student and the College.
- Ability to identify students’ needs for support services in order to make appropriate referrals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent organization skills and follow through with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that might include evenings and weekends.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.