Part-Time Extended Day Program (EDP) Teacher
The Green Acres School Extended Day Program (EDP) operates from 2:30–6 PM Monday–Friday providing childcare for children ages 3–14 years old who attend Green Acres School. EDP staff participate and assist in the program's activities to provide a nurturing and positive environment for the children in our care.
As part-time employees, EDP staff are paid for school holidays, as well as prorated personal leave and sick leave. EDP staff also may qualify to substitute teach during the school day or teach after-school enrichment classes.
The ideal candidate:
- Is able to relate well with children and parents
- Must be at least 19 years old
- Holds a high school diploma or a certificate of high school equivalence
- Has completed courses for credit from a college/university
- Has successfully completed 6 semesters hours or 90 clock hours of approved Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) training
- Possesses at least 400 hours of experience working under supervision primarily with school age children in a licensed center, public or private school OR possesses a combination of college that includes 6 semester hours of approved classes and experience that equals one year.
- Has successfully completed approved pre-employment training
- Has completed Mandatory Continued Education as required by MSDE
- Possesses or will obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Has clear FBI/State Fingerprint reports