Officer, Multimedia Communications, Public Affairs
This role combines video and graphics, and requires technical proficiency, research ability, and creative flair to help the UN Foundation’s talented communications team create engaging, cutting-edge content across platforms.
A strong visual storytelling ability is essential, with proficiency in all aspects of video production, both in a controlled environment and in the field. The successful candidate will also be able to conceptualize and create eye-catching graphics to bring data into our work and to life. This requires professional design skills as well as the ability to source and interpret data to tell a story. Experience with coding to create interactive tools such as quizzes and clickable charts is also highly desirable.
This person will work primarily as part of the core communications team but will also help colleagues across the Foundation as needed to brainstorm and advise on creative projects, and deliver on the agreed brief. The end product of this person's efforts will be dynamic and persuasive forms of storytelling that entertain, inform and engage audiences.
- Exceptional storytelling skills. Able to translate complicated, often jargon-heavy information into engaging and creative content across platforms.
- Proficient, reliable and self-sufficient in all aspects of video production including storyboarding, content sourcing, filming and editing.
- Ability to source and interpret data to help tell a story with nuance.
- Design skills to imagine and create eye-catching data visualizations that tell a story simply and powerfully.
- Technical and coding skills to create engaging digital features, including, motion graphics and gifs, interactive quizzes and charts, and whatever else their imagination can conjure up.
- Demonstrated interest in international issues and their relationship with the work of the UN and UN Foundation.
- 5-7 years’ experience at increasing skill level as a visual storyteller, perhaps with a journalism background.
- Demonstrated strong portfolio of previous related work (please include links to your website/ portfolio of videos within your resume or application).
- Excellent visual, oral and written communications skills.
- Strong technical and design skills, including proficiency in relevant tools such as: Adobe Creative Suite with a focus on Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop and the ability and desire to continually improve.
- Understanding and experience with WordPress, HTML and CSS preferred.
- An eye for detail and goal of excellence.
- Ability to work as part of a team or alone, reliably meeting deadlines and delivering high-quality products.
- Ability to manage a project from start to finish, often juggling multiple, shifting priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- A choice of two health plans through United Healthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA),
- dental insurance,
- vision discounts,
- flexible spending accounts,
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution,
- group term and supplemental life insurance,
- short-term disability,
- long-term disability,
- health club discounts,
- commuter benefits, and
- employee assistance program.
- Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of parental leave.