Office Services Specialist
The purpose of this position is to perform all duties relative, but not limited to, operation of the Mail Center, Distribution Center, and Shipping / Receiving area for the association. The position requires the ability to perform all tasks with a very high level of accuracy and the ability to identify and resolve problems quickly. Maintaining professional working relationships with our staff is a primary key to success. This position reports to the Director, Facilities Management.
- Perform all tasks associated with processing incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
- Perform all tasks associated with fulfilling orders.
- Perform all tasks associated with managing our warehouse including inventory management and cleanliness.
- Perform all tasks associated with managing shipping and receiving operations.
Knowledge typically acquired through:
- High school degree, AA degree preferred
- At least 1-3 years in a similar position
Scope and depth of technical skills/knowledge:
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, & Word)
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cash accurately
- Current driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Ability to operate material handling equipment such as an electric pallet jack
Scope and depth of non-technical skills/knowledge:
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills to assure effective professional relationships with office personnel and outside service providers.
- Demonstrated ability to remain consistently polite and professional in all situations
- Ability to handle many tasks within a short period of time
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly and smoothly ensuring ultimate customer satisfaction
- Willingness to complete administrative and support activities as necessary to support Facilities Management goals.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 lbs.