NGS Lab Tech
We are seeking an NGS Lab Technician (FT, 40hrs per week) for our Gaithersburg, MD location.
Schedule: Monday-Thursday 1:30pm-10:00pm & Sunday 8:30pm-5:00am OR
Tuesday-Friday 1:30pm-10:00pm & Saturday 8:30am-5:00pm
A GeneDx NGS Lab Technician performs a higher than entry level role in the testing of clinical DNA specimens for the purpose of diagnosing genetic disease using manual and automated methods in a team environment, and following established policies and procedures in a professional manner.
- Implements the standard operating procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting of results to team leads, supervisors and test managers, and record-keeping
- Prepares DNA libraries for NGS
- Performs sequencing runs on Illumina Sequencers
- Adheres to standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Conducts diligent record-keeping and reporting
- Adheres to quality control policies including equipment maintenance, reagent preparation and testing, and general lab practices
- Meets or exceeds target workload with accuracy
- Other related duties as assigned
- BS degree in Biology, Medical Technology, or related life science
- College course credits must include (16) credits of Biology, (16) credits of chemistry, and (3) credits of Math
- (0-1) year relevant work experience
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Discounts
- Many promotions from within and more
To learn more about GeneDx, please visit our website at www.genedx.com.