Music Teacher for Early Childhood Classes
Bach To Rock (“B2R”) America’s Music School for students of all ages is currently seeking a Music Teacher to work as a part-time employee providing music classes to young children.
Early Childhood Teachers at Bach to Rock create a fun, educational and safe environment for children to explore the world of music. This job is a perfect fit for patient musicians with a flair for drama that enjoy playing music games, reading stories and inspiring young children.
- Lead B2R’s early childhood classes (Rock n Roll, Rock City, and/or Kids n Keys)
- Prepare for and deliver instruction using the Bach to Rock detailed lesson plans and activities
- Create a warm and welcoming class environment in which young children can feel safe
- Use the recommendations in the B2R curriculum to encourage and educate caregivers that attend class with their toddlers
- May be asked to assist at B2R events
- Must have a background in the arts (theater, art, music, etc...)
- Must feel comfortable in an active and noisy setting
- Effective time management and organizational skills to keep a group of students engaged
- Comfortable working and adapting quickly in a fast-paced environment with a variety of personalities
- Must demonstrate an understanding of basic music concepts and be able to communicate those concepts in a developmentally appropriate and age appropriate manner with infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- Ability to interact effectively with both children and adults
- Must play a musical instrument – piano, keys, or guitar preferred
- Must be able to sing a cappella (unaccompanied)
- Must demonstrate the ability to run basic sound equipment and computers
- Ability to pass a background check
Bach to Rock offers the opportunity to work a flexible part time schedule in a fun environment with other like-minded musicians. We handle the marketing, scheduling, booking, billing and other business aspects of lessons & group classes so that you can focus on teaching.
B2R offers an hourly rate that is based on education, experience, expertise, and availability. We offer a 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match to all eligible regular employees.