Medicaid Operations Undergraduate Internship
The Medicaid Department is responsible for all operations and compliance for KP-s Virginia and Maryland Medicaid Line of Businesses.
The project is focused on operations and compliance, and it will be consulting in nature. The intern will complete an assessment of KP-s current capabilities against Maryland and Virginia Medicaid requirements. The intern will work with leadership from case management, compliance, claims processing, benefits, etc. to review current workflows and policies & procedures. The end result will be a recommendation on our abilities to meet Maryland and Virginia Medicaid standards and identification of at-risk areas. The intern will work closely with Medicaid Team members and leaders from across the organization to complete the project.
Target Skill Set
MS Office Suite (Word, PPT, Excel); Writing; Oral Presentation; Analytical, Problem-solving, Legislation/Regulatory, Organizational
- Assist in industry, marketplace and competitor analysis.
- Collect and analyze data, prepare presentation charts and reports.
- Create project plans, track progress and outcomes.
- College Junior or Senior status
License, Certification, Registration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Preferred majors - sales, marketing, finance, communications, economics, business administration, healthcare administration, or public relations